PDA

View Full Version : IDMASK-Just how secure and anonymous is it?

Unregistered
02-15-2003, 09:57 PM
I'm using IDmask to be surf anonymously. But I just wonder how secure and anonymous this free service is? Does anyone out there know something important regarding this programme? Is it spyware or malware or adware or does it uncover your privacy at some later stage? Would greatly appreciate any info regarding this prog. Thanking all you guys out in advance.

fEš·.·šEr
02-18-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm using IDmask.........But I just wonder how secure and anonymous this free service is................
=========================================

My point of view
*.how anonymous?

What difference does it make anyway?

I do not think you're dealing with top secret information that you need definitely to hide, so..
What's the big deal if everybody on earth knows your IP
(especially if it is dynamic and changes at every connection)
in all cases, your connection and data exchange with vital sites like your ****, or ****** card provider etc is ******* by SSL (with or without any proxy)

In all cases if you really have a strictly confidential info to share on the net (like some other do), you won't be asking this question on this ***rd cause you will allready have you own SSL proxy.

2.how secure?

What is secure? it is a relative issue, everything is secure until you start having a problem.
Do you have a problem so far? NO. then everything is fine.

For a 'normal' user like us, the service that you mentionned is more than enough to satify all needs.

-----------
fEš·.·šEr

Unregistered
02-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Yes what you say certainly makes sense. Since all of us are not posting anything super-secret that may jeopardise national security, why bother being super-anonymous. Thanks for your nice and good reply. But it would be heartening to note that we can peep at the net without the least possibility of anyone really knowing us.