PDA

View Full Version : back in USSR

Unregistered
02-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Hi folks!Iam junior user of computer.You could gess from what country i am Ihave neverendless inrusions from my isp.I know for shure that most of them are from my providers servants.Especially when i connect to politic aimed sites.The law of the country were i live permit and obligate snooping from isp.Some other suspicious story that could have links to above said,may be not:my net connection suddenly was broken for some time so i made ring to provider and ask whats the matter?He s***est to try again .OK.Than i asked what was the problem and he answered unconfidently that he improved some things.I know that all this time connection to the same provider, of some my familiars was ok.Is that is thing to warry about?Excuse me for boring you ,but i dont know any other person to ask.

Unregistered
02-28-2003, 06:46 AM
Not a boring question - here in the so called free world things are not so free, ISP's and LEA are in collusion - so if they want to (or have a need to) they can tap into any connection, maybe not officially, but everybody concerned turns a blind eye if they say it's in the pursuit of 'justice'. The laws in this country give the police enormous powers to pry into electronic communications, and since everything on the net is logged somewhere they can eventually trace most things if they put enough time and energy into it. As for your connection going off when others were on does seem strange - I would change ISP if you can or use anonymous dial-up's if they are available. But in any case if you go to politically sensitive sites be sure to use a good proxy.

Stay safe

Unregistered
03-10-2003, 05:27 AM
Thank you much for answer and support!