PDA

View Full Version : Breaking a Linksys Router Wirelessly?

Whitecrow
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Is it possible to completely render a router (linksys or d-link or something of that sort) completely useless by uploading a new firmware to it that doesn't correspond to the router which would break it, and even pressing the reset button wouldn't fix it?

Is there hacked router firmware out there that people use for this type of thing? I'm just curious, and google is not helping, so please don't respond with a JFGI. (just fucking google it)

gordo
06-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Yes,just get firmware from a different model of the same make and update. It worked for my first d-link router.:mad:
At least Costco has a good return policy. :D

Moonbat
06-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Yes,just get firmware from a different model of the same make and update. It worked for my first d-link router.:mad:
At least Costco has a good return policy. :D
Kinda off-topic here, but I like Sam's Club's return policy better. I forgot how many days Costco is, but Sam's Club is unlimited. As long as you have the recepit, you get can a full refund, even if the item is damaged. Did this with an XBOX once. :D

gordo
06-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Costco is *0 days, it used to be unlimited, but was cut back because so many abused it.