PDA

View Full Version : Degree in Networking or MCSE dillemma

loopers
03-13-2003, 07:21 AM
I am in some sort of dilemma now. Now I will almost finishes my Advanced Diploma in Networking. So now I got * choices. It is either I continue with a Degree in Networking or do MCSE or do a course in CISCO. Does anyone know the difference between MCSE and a Networking Degree?

Thanks.

nick admafick
03-13-2003, 11:20 AM
my sister's boyfriend went in a MCSE.
my girlfriend just finished her networking degree.

to my opinion, both of them are real assholes.
the difference is as follows
the first one is an asshole but he's a man
while the second is a female asshole.

it is up to you loopers to find which one is best for you

DATA
03-17-2003, 03:04 AM
hi loopers,

Choose what u like-see the syllabus for both-go to a library and pick up those books and see if it looks managable to you,
See which has more oppurtunities and if u can meet up to the demands of the course.Ask some body who really *knows* which has more job oppurtunity at ur place.I would be more inclined to cisco.lot of the world routers are on cisco and learning cisco routers very well is good-since its networking again.Choose what is best for you and to find whats best for you-look around,ask people and decide whats best for urself.It takes some time and hard work to find what is best suited.
take care.

Data.

Unregistered
04-07-2003, 08:50 PM
Alot of the hype on certification has gone awaywith the collapse of the dot com's. Microsoft and others were using it as a cash cow to squeeze ***** where they could. An MCSE may be of use, but to my knowledge, there aren't many jobs now in networking.

If you can, try to get some co-op work and see what's in the real world first hand. Good Luck!