PDA

View Full Version : Need help breaking encryption.

Alucard
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Ok, There are some files for a game that are encrypted. I just need to break the encryption on them so i can edit them. I believe the encryption is only a 2-4 digit encryption[They are using their custom encryption method]. But most likely i am guessing that they have put a password on the file so nobody can open them without the password.

They are .mrs files [i have the decompiler], and those only contain some XML files that i need to edit. But the MRS files are encrypted, i need to break the encryption.

I don't really have an idea on how to do it, i cant see if a brute would work. All i need to do is break it so i am able to edit the file.

Any help?

Moonbat
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Hacking GunZ? You should Google up 'MRS unpacker'. Try searching forums like GamerzPlanet or MPC Forum for tutorials.

Alucard
07-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Hacking GunZ? You should Google up 'MRS unpacker'. Try searching forums like GamerzPlanet or MPC Forum for tutorials.

yeah, GunZ.

I have the unpacker. But it wont unpack untill you put in the password...the files are encrypted >.< GAH!-- No more custom items.