PDA

View Full Version : Wireshark newbie.

Magoo
10-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Hi. I joined this site the other day and have found it an invaluable source of great information. Moonbat's tutorials are excellent and I have learned a great deal however: I downloaded Wireshark for my laptop which is running Vista. Everything was cool and as it should be until I downloaded the new pcap driver 4.0.2. Since I've installed this when I open Wireshark I get a message telling me that the NPF driver isn't running. I followed some instructions to check the netgroup packet filter in my hidden files but it's not there?! What have I done wrong and how can I sort it? Many kind regards to you all, Magoo.

Magoo
10-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi again. I've solved that problem by re-installing Wireshark. Not sure what stopped my NPF driver from running but I've got it sorted now. I must have been having a 'blonde' moment :D

gordo
10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Welcome to all-nettools. Glad you got it worked out. I agree that moonbat is impressive.

Magoo
10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Wasn't sure whether to open a new thread or not as the reason for this mail is so I can access some of the functionality of Wireshark. Decided to tag it on here, so: Apparently I need NVIDA nForce MCP Networking Adapter Driver but have, as yet, been unable to locate the file. I was wondering if anyone would be able to slide me a link or point me in the right direction? I'm running Vista. Many thanks in advance to anyone that can help, Magoo.

gordo
10-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm sure you have done the obvious, http://snipurl.com/487dq
It looks like a common problem.