PDA

View Full Version : Blocked by www.dodge.com ???

spawnofsatan
06-08-2003, 12:39 AM
I cannot figure this out...
When I try to connect to http://www.dodge.com, through my broadband connection, my browsers, (opera and IE) give me a could not connect to remote server error , however if I connected to my dial-up account (with a different IP address of course) it accessed the site just fine. No Problems with any other sites on my broadband connection, just this one.
Then just to prove to myself it wasnt a problem with my internet settings for my broadband connection, I set up a proxy server on my broadband IP with Proxyfloppy, and set up another computer to use the dial-up account going through the proxy at my broadband IP address, and everything passed through the proxy except www.dodge.com.

I'm prettysure its not a DNS issue because i tried it with the actual IP address *2*.*.*5*.254 with the same results.

So I figure either:
A: www.dodge.com is blocking my IP address, or
B: Comcast does not want me to go to www.dodge.com

ALSO, it worked fine when I went to www.dodge.com using the anonomous surfing thing in the Privacy Tools Page of this website.

Does anybody have a clue as to what my problem might be??

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Unregistered
06-11-2003, 10:46 PM
some websites does so, they block certain subnet.(s).

certain governments do that, too.

Unregistered
06-23-2003, 03:06 AM
hi
the problem you are having is with the way ypu type the address . do not use a period "." or / at the end then the website work just fine

MrByte
07-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by spawnofsatan
So I figure either:
A: www.dodge.com is blocking my IP address, or
B: Comcast does not want me to go to www.dodge.com

ALSO, it worked fine when I went to www.dodge.com using the anonomous surfing thing in the Privacy Tools Page of this website.

I'd use a packet sniffer (e.g. www.commview.com) to find out what's going on under the hood. The error message shown by the browser is often misleading. A packet sniffer would allow you to see exactly what was sent by the browser, and exactly what was returned by the web server. Or, perhaps there is no connectivity between you and *2*.*.*5*.254, in which case the packet sniffer will show that too (you'd see a few outbound TCP packets with the SYN flag, and no reply from *2*.*.*5*.254).

Regards,
MrByte