PDA

View Full Version : visual bascs mesage boxes

drumgodmaggott
03-28-2009, 01:06 AM
ok so i have googled this issues but i am looking for someone to help me better understand it.

i got bored and started making an extremely simple VB code but i ran into a problem i thought as a joke it would be funny to make the same message box appear 7 times in a row but it they all pop up in the same spot which takes all the annoyance and fun out of the joke so can anyone tell me how i can make a simple ok box pop up in different places on the screen???

And also why isn't the first msgboxes with dont deny the truth poping up when i try and cancel the box if i click ok or cancel all that shows up is i knew it was true why does this happen??:confused:

strName = InputBox ("ENTER YOUR NAME BELOW")
msgbox strName &(" sucks big floppy donkey balls!!!")
if strName=VBcancel then
msgbox("don't deny the truth!")
else
msgbox("i knew it was true")
end if

Moonbat
03-28-2009, 04:31 PM
After Googling it up, it seems a little complex. VB by default doesn't contain a simple method for positioning text boxes. This Microsoft Help and Support article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/*80**6) seems to have the answer, but you have to use the Windows API.

drumgodmaggott
03-28-2009, 08:29 PM
yea i looked at that article but just like you said its complex i knmow i could do it but i don't want to spend the time doing it that way just for a joke now if im making and application it would be worth it im sure...

im wondering if their is a fault in Vb that if you code it right will accidentally reposition boxes???

drumgodmaggott
04-05-2009, 10:51 PM
that sounds like a good idea daniel