PDA

View Full Version : How does insert jpeg and gifs pix into forum postings?

Unregistered
06-20-2003, 08:41 AM
Does anymore here know how we can insert jpeg and gifs pictures to add more spice to our postings on forum ***rds instead of just posting links. I think the poster in the link below is rather well-versed in his art. I would really like to learn to do the same. Can anyone there offer some tips? Much obliged.

http://forum.asiaco.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?c=msg&fid=tarzenoeoeo&mid=*4*

Unregistered
07-02-2003, 05:09 PM
IMHO, adding picture into forum posting might be avoided due to keep the simplicity (clean forum/text only), as well as preserving the bandwidth usage.

Unregistered
07-03-2003, 08:44 PM
See my post on <ajor Firewall hole in I.E. V5,5+. That outta give you a hint of one way to do it.

The REAL question is: What are some Web sites doing to get pix onto your Web pagesm, and what kind of problems can that cause anyone that permits it.

Thar's the rub!!!

Take a defensive posture on this question. Look at it from the other way around, and you'll find a major problem for yourself and everyone that's not realized what sites can do to post pix to you. (I don't mean to sound critical of you. It's just a topic I've never seen ANYONE even mention as being the MOST OBVIOUS hole in a Firewall that comprimises your system's Security and therefore your Privacy as well.)

BTW. You needn't be using I.E.. This is equally applicable to Netscape.