PDA

View Full Version : hacker

Unregistered
07-14-2003, 12:54 PM
is there any way of finding further info on a hacker from the ip address?

know their isp ,e mailed them but dont seem bothered !

i know they have no firewall

Is there anything i can do?

MrByte
07-19-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
is there any way of finding further info on a hacker from the ip address?

know their isp ,e mailed them but dont seem bothered !

i know they have no firewall

Is there anything i can do?

Unfortunately, normally you cannot identify a person by his IP address. You can find out the owner of the IP block, which might be an ISP or company, but to get the name of the person you would need the ISP's cooperation, which is highly unlikely. They would usually disconnect the user if they have a proof of his illegal activities, or even initiate a criminal investigation if the hacker did somethig really bad, but they wouldn't tell you the name.

MrByte

fEš·.·šEr
07-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
is there any way of finding further info on a hacker from the ip address? ..................

==============================

Hi

I am sure you are aware that a hacker that we gonna call (PC user *) will use most of the time a dynamic IP, which is modified and assigned by his/her ISP at every connexion.

Although the IP would still remain within the same IP block range reserved by the ISP to a certain geographical area, it is still different BUT MOST OF ALL it could be assigned to some other 'honest' user sometimes during the same day.

If on a monday at *AM you've been hacked for example by the IP ***.252.25*.254 that was assigned to PC user *, YOU need to specify the day and very precisely the time to the ISP in order to be able to help you.

In case you did not provide this precise info, the ISP will not have accurate answers cause it might be that on that same monday at **AM this IP ***.252.25*.254 was assigned to another user who is an extremely nice lady aged 87 years searching the net for dog foods!! while your hacker was already OFFLINE having beer with his girlfriend...

take care

------------
fEš·.·šEr