PDA

View Full Version : anon proxy and gprs connection

Unregistered
08-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Hello , I've a big problem , now I'm in internet using my cell and a gprs connection , I tried to use anon proxies but they don't work ... can you help me ??? peraphs it depends from gprs ?

mbravo
08-05-2003, 01:15 PM
I can't be sure about your situation, however, around where I'm located GPRS is still pretty much in its infancy, and telecom operators are quite clueless about many things. I'm almost sure that you already are behind some kind of transparent proxy (which telecom people use to save on traffic from GPRS users), and even if not, their nternet gateway might be brain-dead in many ways.

What you can do is to test whether you are behind any kind of proxy, say, using the tool on this site, and you can also log on from your phone, note your IP and try to trace it from "outside" - from your computer at work, at home or at an internet cafe. This will give you a better understanding of where you phone fits Net-wise.

Hope this helps a bit.

MrByte
08-06-2003, 04:54 AM
I use GPRS, and I can tell you that it uses NAT (network address translation), which might be causing problems. The IP address that is assigned to my computer when I dial up using GPRS belongs to the reserved internal LAN range (*72.x.x.x). Just my two cents.

MrByte