PDA

View Full Version : Efficient 586* FTP Problems

NordicPC
10-26-2003, 12:16 PM
I have setup our 586* for FTP ports 20/2* to work in and out of our Firewall. People can access our FTP site (when I allow it on the server) but I can't access any of our clients FTP sites. I always get time out errors.

Configuring firewall scripts is not one of my strong points so I'm sure I've done something wrong.

Security wise I seem to have scored a home run, but with regard to FTP, strike out. Any help would be great!

mbravo
10-27-2003, 05:41 PM
There is too little data to provide any concrete help with your setup; however, did you try connecting to outside FTP servers using passive mode?

fEš·.·šEr
10-28-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by NordicPC
I have setup our 586* for FTP ports 20/2* to work in and out of our Firewall....................

If you run an FTPserver 'A' you need to allow trafic on 'YOUR' port 20/2* for standard FTP connections.

However, when you try to connect to an external FTPserver 'B', then any random available port on 'YOUR' system (like *540) will be used to seek the FTPserver 'B' port 2*. In this case your firewall needs to allow this kind of trafic by granting access to your port ( *540 example) to reach the FTPserver 'B'.
fEš·.·šEr (http://fever.resourcez.com)