PDA

View Full Version : another virus

outlawuk
03-11-2004, 06:04 AM
Hi, please could someone advise me how to find the identity of the sender of 6 e-mails ive received in two days? Norton 2004 detects it every time, but cannot repair it. The virus is W*2.Dumaru.Y@mm, I cannot block or bounce the mail back to its sender because the return e-mail addy is false, i have looked at the message properties and all i can find is this ip address "Return-Path: <address@yandex.ru>
Received: from localhost ([24.52.74.8*])"
Is there anything I can do to put an end to this? It is very annoying! Oh yeah, the e-mail is "supposedly" from "FUKENSUICIDE@HOTMAIL.COM" Has anyone heard of this e-mail addy?
Any help would be most appreciated!

Andre
03-11-2004, 10:03 AM
[ Informations about 24.52.74.8* ]

IP range : 24.52.64.0 - 24.52.7*.255
Network name : 2452640-Z8
Infos : Adelphia
Infos : * North Main Street
Infos : Coudersport
Infos : PA
Infos : *6**5
Abuse E-mail : abuse@adelphia.net

outlawuk
03-11-2004, 04:15 PM
yeah, I found that one myself on here, but does it point specifically to the sender of this e-mail, or is it just there ISP? Is there enough information to identify the sender and report them?
thanks again.

Unregistered
03-12-2004, 07:34 AM
no... the IP adres can be false.. or he can be using a proxy or something.
you can mail to the abuse email address with the info you found on the IP address... don't know what to do else

outlawuk
03-12-2004, 09:35 AM
thanks guys, ive sent an e-mail to the "abuse" address, hopefully they will be able to trace the offender and sort him/her out!
thanks for the help,
Adam, Gotham, Nott's, UK

Andre
04-05-2004, 03:30 PM
In order to take action according to their Acceptable Use Policy, that ISP will require a text log of the incident which clearly indicates the actions of the ********. This is to say, they need an IP address, date and time in GMT format as well as an explanation of the offence.

Just send them the full un-modified header.