PDA

View Full Version : 800b0*00 error code XP error instalation?

Unregistered
04-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Hi,

I have a XP Professional copy, P4 Prescott at 2.8 Ghz with Sp*. I downloaded and instaled.
I installed also the SP2 for two weeks.
I got the MSblast window ("you computer will be shout down ...etc) and i erased all
svchost.exe registry entry. My system crashed and i entered my XP professional SP* included
and i tried to reinstall the OS.
Here is the error messages:

" Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. Error code is 426"
" The signature of Windows XP SP* Professional is invalid. The error code is 800b0*00"

I tried all the trick described in here and no result. The system make the same infinite loop.
The CD-ROm is the first boot option also i tried the "catroot2 to catold" trick.
I forgot to mention that i do not want to loose the OS, because all my registered programs and
all my work is there. Also i have the legit XP SP* copy with license.

Please help!

Unregistered
04-15-2004, 08:59 AM
well you might try to boot of a CD with linux OS on it and see what you can change from there

Unregistered
04-16-2004, 05:06 AM
Thanks for your reply.

I do not know what to change. I just want my OS back, still infected with welchia. It was innofensive.

Please someone help.

Thanks in advance

Unregistered
05-05-2004, 11:43 AM
i am having the same problem i have used two completly different copys of xp pro both have been working properlt before, but i get the same error each time it just gets stuck at installing windows ** mins remaining i would be interested if any one has an idea because i have tryed everything!

thanx

Gary

Unregistered
05-07-2004, 05:23 AM
Same problem, too!
I think it is because I disabled some services and/or changed some security settings.
Have you done something like this?

Unregistered
05-07-2004, 05:39 AM
Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q*07*5*

Unregistered
05-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q*07*5*
It's working!
BTW, I had to wait ~*0 minutes at "** minutes left", but then setup resumed (and finished).

Unregistered
05-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi!

What have you done exactly that the setup resumes? What have you changed?

Greetings!

Unregistered
06-01-2004, 08:17 PM
You could always reformat and preform a celan install, it adds *0 minutes, but without it you have xtra junk on your computer that you must reinstall and programs you cant reinstall (lost the disk) then you have to manually delete. Just use a free reformatter, and then install.

Unregistered
07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I have encountered the same problem. please advise exactly what you did or did not do while you waited the */2 hour for the restart.

It would greatly be appreciated.

Desperate!

Dodo051
12-27-2005, 07:39 AM
I had the same problem today, and after finding nothing from searching the web, i found a soulution to the problem myself. The link from microsoft didn't work for me. I had a situatuon where the mother***rd was fried by a lightning stirike, so it had to be replaced. Offcourse, i had to repair my windows installation, but i didn't know which version of XP pro was installed, and neither did the owner. I tried repairing with a cd that had SP2 integrated, and ran into this problem. So, booted from SP* cd, and restarted the repair process, and the problem was gone. So, it was just a different service pack that caused the problem in my case. Hope this helps

bl@cksheep
07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
i think its because of the change of operating system or service pack the logs are saved on your hard drive soi you need to format

gordo
07-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Blacksheep, Dodo05* has been waiting a year and a half for that answer. ;)

robinbolt
12-02-2010, 12:33 AM
i was having same kind of problem for past few days and now its solved with your advices and s***estions it took me about 25 minutes to do it ...thats nice i think :) thnx for help

gordo
12-02-2010, 06:58 AM
It's wonderful that a 5-6 year old thread helped. :)