rrdtool
Closed Thread

Thread: HELP!! svchost.exe

Exclamation HELP!! svchost.exe

Hi, I don't know squat about computers, but I somehow managed to erase the svchost.exe file from my computer. Obviously, this was not good. How do I get it back? Thanks
    Oz

Bonnie Guest
    Depends what you're running and how exactly you "erased" it from your system. And no, it's not good, lol.

If you simply found a way to delete the file in Win somehow, have you checked your recycle folder? If you deleted the file from a command prompt which I can't see any other way myself, however, I've been known to be wrong a time or two, LOL, anyway, if that's the case, do you have your install cd? Would help to know what you're running exactly and what version, I have several OS cd's round here, can send you the file if I know what your running.

Unregistered Guest

Lightbulb system restore

did you try to restore you pc to previous date

Unregistered Guest
    Do you have anyback ups?

Unregistered Guest
    Boot the computer with the XP CD in drive. Boot to CD and choose repair installation. That should fix you up.

forum Guest

Angry send virus here

REMOTE_ADDR ***.*0*.*64.2
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR *0.*.*.8
    HTTP_VIA *.0 step:**28 (squid/2.5.STABLE4-NT-CVS), *.0 proxy.stels.net:**28 (Squid/2.4.STABLE7)

Bill_Gates! Guest

Lightbulb stop viruses and trojans!

Hey i know one good decision how to stop viruses and trojans from getting in your WIN XP,WIN 200* system.
    GO TO MY COMPUTER==>CONTROL PANEL==>ADMINISTRATION==>SERVICES==>FIND OUT SERVICE CALLED "WORKSTATION"==>CLICK LEFT BUTTON MOUSE AND SELECT STOP SERVICE==>IF YOU WILL SEE MESSAGE THAT SOME ANOTHER SERVICES WILL STOPS CLICK "YES".
    NO AFTER ALL THIS NO ONE HAVE ACCESS FROM INTERNET OR NETWORK TO YOUR PC - SO ITS FAST SECURE AND FREE WAY HOW TO STOP VIRUSES.
    My email is: [email]vyntex@ureach.com[/email]

Unregistered Guest
    I used a virus scanner and it alert that svhost.exe is a virus file so, I deleted it. Then I always got an error message everytime I started up the window.

After searching, I know that's a window file, not virus. But no way to restore it. So, I had to re-install the window 2002

good luck

The svchost.exe is very important that’s why it should never be erased. If you have problems with it and you need to fix svchost.exe error, you can reduce the unnecessary services by disabling or stopping them from running. Anyway, since you have already deleted the svchost.exe, what you can do is boot from your Windows XP disk, use the recovery console, and follow the procedures you will see. Once you did everything correctly, your computer will re-boot and a copy of the svchost.exe will be present in your system*2 folder.
    [URL="http://windowsfix.org/how-to-fix-svchost-errors.html"]Fix svchost.exe[/URL]

Lurk before you leap...
    6 and a half years since that was posted, now that's lurking

Closed Thread