Quote Originally Posted by stardustandsun View Post
I need some serious help! My mother died very suddenly a few weeks ago. I need access to her Hotmail account so I can get some information I need for the mortgage company. (I'm not trying to do anything illegal; I just want to find the information on her ****** life insurance and proof that the house is supposed to be passed on to me, and she had that in an online account with the mortgage company. I can't find the piece of paper now, and I want to get into it and change the password in case an unscrupulous relative has come across it.) I know her email address, and the first letter of her password, but that's it.

I have the computer she normally used to log into her Hotmail account (with Windows XP and IE6), and I downloaded "Cain & Abel" to try to retrieve the password from the computer, but I couldn't make much sense from the results and even after reading the help file, I'm still lost. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
She might have used an alternative email address as a password recovery method. Thats the fastest way if you know it.