mrtg
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to use anon proxy?

How to use anon proxy?

Hi Everyone!

This place is truly fascinating! I spent quite a bit of time reading threads here yesterday but my knowledge isn't quite up to understanding some of your answers. Caould someone please, please tell me how to use anonymous proxys for posting in online forums? To be perfectly honest, I'm getting slaughtered somewhere online and when I try defend myself get obliquely threatened with banning so I need to be able to post without disclosing my location. I'll need a "Proxys for Dummies" version if anyone can help. I'll be forever grateful if you can!

By the way, I have a standard dial-up 56k connection. I understand you guys have lists of proxys posted but I just don't know what to do with those IP adresses. Is it even possible to use them on a dial-up?
    Last edited by Jack; 06-29-2004 at 12:11 PM.

Btw, the site I'm being slaughtered at is one of those hate sites-I tried to stick up for people getting battered, hence my plight. I'm not into trolling.

I found the following partial answer to my question on another site-"stay invisible" I think it was called:

"if you use your computer at home,not use Lan..go to controlpanel--->>internet option--->>connections--->>click on Setting(not Lan setting) and then post the IP that you want and port of it"

Can anyone tell me, what's the difference between putting one of those proxy ip's into your settings or instead using "Proxyway" which I've seen advertised everywhere and downloaded but not run? Is there extra security with "Proxyway" or is it just an automated way of doing the above? Is the above way for dial-ups secure at all?

Any help gratefully received!

+ Reply to Thread