I had some problems with my computer but it is much better now- just wonder what was going on. Background: Win*8se,AMD *.4 ghz. The machine would randomly loose date settings and change CPU and bus etc. speeds. This was easy to correct in BIOS. Randomly would boot into windows safe mode ( maybe once or twice a month on these 2 items)so I let it boot fully then select shutdown and reboot without opening anything. This usually worked, sometimes had to do it twice. In windows explorer a right click on a file or anything took * to 2 minutes to bring up the window, same with menu bar. Had Norton antivirus 200* installed but when I tried to start program the main windows came up for a second or two and disappeared. Did get it to work in safe mode- no viri found. OK, one day it would not even power up. Took a while but I found a 2 position connector to the mother***rd from power switch that was assembled incorrectly from factory-the "fish hook" on the 20ga wire was backwards so it did not push onto the header- possible intermittent connection. Also took forever to shutdown.

Now it is running again and I wanted it to stay that way. Had a hell of a time uninstalling Norton-kept getting errors-had to do it in safe mode. Installed Antivir 6. and adaware I think. No problems at all.

Any thoughts on what caused this behavior? Did an intermittent connection screw some things up? Why would Norton and a couple other antivirus programs all do the same thing- main window came up for only a second or two? What took so long in explorer-right click on desktop was instant. I hope this is clear enough.