ganglia
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Running Yahoo Messenger behind a firewall

Unregistered Guest

Running Yahoo Messenger behind a firewall

Hi there,
    i am connecting to the internet through a LAN. I cant get yahoo messenger connected because of a firewall they have installed lately. My question is, is there a way that i could get it working? other than trying the 4 different options under the Connection tab settings. We only have port 8080 open, socks port is blocked and so r other ports.

Unregistered Guest
    One more thing:

I used to get connected before they installed a new firewall (hardware). I used to get connected on the "No Network Detection" mode but then it didnt work anymore. I got connected on the "Firewall With No Proxy" mode. Now, nothing seems to work, when i try the Proxies option it keeps on asking me to the user name and password for my network. I keep entering the right ID and Password but it keeps poppin that window * times, but nothing works. Here i include the contents of the log file under the yahoo folder, with some connecting attempts. I tried the "Use Proxy" option *st, then the "No Proxies" mode. Then i tried the "No Network Detection" mode and finally the "Firewall With No Proxies" mode. Please advice, thank u so much.

Log File:

On 8/*6 **:48:56| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 **:4*:**| #Start Session::User connecting to net direct

On 8/*6 **:4*:**| Hostname IP:2*6.*55.***.**5

On 8/*6 **:4*:54| FD_CONNECT return error.. The error code is 0

On 8/*6 **:50:*2| #Start Session::User connecting to net direct

On 8/*6 **:50:*2| Hostname IP:2*6.*55.***.**5

On 8/*6 **:50:**| FD_CONNECT return error.. The error code is 0

On 8/*6 **:50:40| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP serve without proxy configuration

On 8/*6 **:5*:*0| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2002

On 8/*6 **:5*:*4| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP serve without proxy configuration

On 8/*6 **:5*:44| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2002

On 8/*6 **:5*:50| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP serve without proxy configuration

On 8/*6 **:52:20| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2002

On 8/*6 **:52:*0| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP serve without proxy configuration

On 8/*6 **:5*: *| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2002

On 8/*6 **:5*:20| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP serve without proxy configuration

On 8/*6 **:5*:50| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2002

On 8/*6 **:54:*6| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP serve without proxy configuration

On 8/*6 **:55: 6| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2002

On 8/*6 **:56:*2| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP serve without proxy configuration

On 8/*6 **:57: 2| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2002

On 8/*6 **:58: 7| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP serve without proxy configuration

On 8/*6 **:58:*7| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2002

On 8/*6 **:5*: 5| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 **:5*: 5| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 **:5*:25| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 **:5*:2*| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 **:5*:*0| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 **:5*:*5| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 **:5*:*5| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 **:5*:4*| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 **:5*:44| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 *2:0: 2| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 *2:0: 2| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 *2:0:*6| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 *2:0:*6| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 *2:0:25| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 *2:0:27| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 *2:0:*0| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 *2:0:*0| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

On 8/*6 *2:0:*5| #Start Session::User connecting to HTTP server

On 8/*6 *2:0:*5| Failed on HttpSendRequest, restart. The error code is *2007

Unregistered Guest
    Try to Uninstall Yahoo and reinstall it and see what happens.

Unregistered Guest

Re: Running Yahoo Messenger behind a firewall

Hi,

I got exactly the same error in ypager.log. Did you solve the problem? I'm not even prompted to enter username/password. Our web proxy server does require user authentication.

Yong
    [email]yong*2*@**********[/email]

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy

Who discuss this problem, i have too, many problems connections with IRC, MSN messenger, Yahoo messenger, please help me ppl

Unregistered Guest

same problems

I would like to know how to get around a firewall that blocks yahoo messenger. I know its not the computer, because the other person who uses this computer can use messenger. Only when I log on will it prevent me from using it. I tried all the settings. I tried using other proxy settings. Does anyone know a way of getting around this problem?

Unregistered Guest
    why don't u try hopster or http-tunnel&socks cap.....it works....

same :(

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Try to Uninstall Yahoo and reinstall it and see what happens.
    I got a case that even if U reinstall it and delete all the registry entry still the same... note that no firewall is blocking it, other comp can connet perfectly..

any idea beside reinstall the windows? :P

+ Reply to Thread