munin
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: http://www.makemesearch.com/?said=**4

Lightbulb

Well duh... Seen the same name and address on a few different forums in here.

Unregistered Guest

Very Grateful

Your forum saved me hours of agony trying to get rid of this pest! Thanks!

Unregistered Guest

Thanks!!!!

Excellent forum!!!! I had the nasty "makemesearch" bug too. Spent about a day trying to get rid of it. Ad-aware and Spybot did not find it. I definitely will be using (and possibly contributing to) this fourm site more often. Thanks to all who gave information, especially the person that s***ested using the add/remove utility.

Unregistered Guest

Unhappy help for windows *8...

i got this nasty bug, however there is no search toolbar in my add remove list, is there a way to update it, and is there any other way to rid my computer of this nasty thing?

Unregistered Guest

makemesearch

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been trying for weeks to get rid of this. I removed the search toolbar from the add/remove and i think it may finally be fixed. Thanks

Unregistered Guest
    sounds like a hijacker.
    try looking into your msconfig.

Unregistered Guest
    Me too, thank you for the help. A curse on
    who do these things. A blessing on you for the help

[url]www.jtashjian.com[/url]
    Last edited by DATA; 11-16-2004 at 09:32 AM.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Thanks A Million!

Hi got rid of this problem by removing it from Add/Remove Progam list. Also I remove it from the Internet Option under Tools.
    I m using win*8se with regular win updates,so maybe the malware shows up in the Add/Remove Program List.
    Also I notice that I got this malware while browsing with Netscape 7.*.Somehow Netscape is immune to it and IE is not!
    Hope the guys at IE put in some efforts to help out with this problem and the authorities should trace the culprits by checking on the sponsors on the Makemesearch website.Anyway Thanks to all of you who contributed in one way or another : ) and to google as well )I m going to bookmark this site.Cheers!

Unregistered Guest

Make me search owner

An allwhois search reveals the owner of this obnoxious software. I resisted the temptation to telephone him early on a Sunday morning having wasted the Saturday evening getting rid of the software. I managed it eventually by hacking into the Registry:

Registration Service Provided By: ESTDOMAINS
    Abuse Desk Email Address: [email]abuse@estdomains.com[/email]

Domain Name: MAKEMESEARCH.COM

Registrant:
    MakeMeSearch
    Alex (nastra@nastra.org)
    Buhalis avenue **
    Paris
    null,8552*
    FR
    Tel. +78.45678*456***

Creation Date: 06-Aug-2004
    Expiration Date: 06-Aug-2005

Domain servers in listed order:
    ns*.makemesearch.com
    ns2.makemesearch.com

Administrative Contact:
    MakeMeSearch
    Alex (nastra@nastra.org)
    Buhalis avenue **
    Paris
    null,8552*
    FR
    Tel. +78.45678*456***

MakeMeSearch
    Alex (nastra@nastra.org)
    Buhalis avenue **
    Paris
    null,8552*
    FR
    Tel. +78.45678*456***

Billing Contact:
    MakeMeSearch
    Alex (nastra@nastra.org)
    Buhalis avenue **
    Paris
    null,8552*
    FR
    Tel. +78.45678*456***

The data in this whois database is provided to you for information
    purposes only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or
    related to a domain name registration record. We make this information
    available "as is", and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a
    whois query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawful
    purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to:
    (*) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress or
    load this whois database system providing you this information; or
    (2) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
    unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail,
    electronic mail, or by telephone. The compilation, repackaging,
    dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without
    prior written consent from us. The registrar of record is
    DirectI. We reserve the right to modify
    these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide
    by these terms.

Unregistered Guest

Switch to Mozilla FireFcx

Guys!! I hate to tell you this, but the reason most of you suffer from these types of adware and spyware attacks and browser hijackings is because you persist in using MicroSoft Internet Explorer. MicroSoft Internet Explorer is full of Security holes and vulnerabilites that can be easily exploited by spyware/adware pushers and hackers. Do yourselves a favor and save yourself yourselves long term agony and problems by simply switching to Mozilla Fire Fox. Like they say, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." There are times where I literally ended up getting spyware and adware that nothing could remove, not SpyBot Search and Destroy, not SpySweeper, not AdAware. My only recource was to reformat my whole hard-drive and perform a clean install of my operating system. Since that time through much testing and experimentation, I discovered that no spyware adware penetrated my computer while I used Mozilla FireFox. MicroSoft Internet Explorer, well let's just say that is a different story.

Unregistered Guest

Re: Switch to Mozilla FireFcx

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Guys!! I hate to tell you this, but the reason most of you suffer from these types of adware and spyware attacks and browser hijackings is because you persist in using MicroSoft Internet Explorer.
    Absolutely true!

When I was on Win*8, I used a removal tool to banish IE and MS mail programs from my machine completely, and I never had any problems with Mozilla.

There are times where I literally ended up getting spyware and adware that nothing could remove, not SpyBot Search and Destroy, not SpySweeper, not AdAware. My only recource was to reformat my whole hard-drive and perform a clean install of my operating system.
    That will cure the problem, but you might not have to be that drastic.

When I got my newer XP machine, I had the same problem as you (with IE, needless to say), and none of the freeware programs like AdAware worked satisfactorily for me either. I mean, they did clean out some pests and gave me a clean bill of health after that, but it was quite obvious I still had some intruders in my system.

So I went to an anti-spyware site for a free scan, and it located no fewer than 247 spyware elements on my machine!

The catch is that although the scan is free, the pest removal tools are not, and you have to buy the full version to clean your machine. I did buy it, and it cost around $25.

It seems to be working well for me, and anyone interested can check it out here:

[url]http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/[/url]

Unregistered Guest
    thanks

Unregistered Guest

Re: Re: Switch to Mozilla FireFcx

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Absolutely true!

When I was on Win*8, I used a removal tool to banish IE and MS mail programs from my machine completely, and I never had any problems with Mozilla.

That will cure the problem, but you might not have to be that drastic.

When I got my newer XP machine, I had the same problem as you (with IE, needless to say), and none of the freeware programs like AdAware worked satisfactorily for me either. I mean, they did clean out some pests and gave me a clean bill of health after that, but it was quite obvious I still had some intruders in my system.

So I went to an anti-spyware site for a free scan, and it located no fewer than 247 spyware elements on my machine!

The catch is that although the scan is free, the pest removal tools are not, and you have to buy the full version to clean your machine. I did buy it, and it cost around $25.

It seems to be working well for me, and anyone interested can check it out here:

[url]http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/[/url]
    I just ran spyware doctor(full scan). Remember, I have not used Internet Explorer in ages and my primary browser is Mozilla FireFox. This just proved my point. Not a single piece of Adware/Spyware. I rest my case. Thanks.

Unregistered Guest
    As of today , I WILL be frequenting this forum. You <collectively> have saved me hours of misery trying to delete the "makemesearch" bug. Thank You all !

Question makemesearch removal - problem in control panel

I localed the "search toolbar" in add/remove page of the Control panel
    (Win XP). However, when I try to remove it, it does nothing. Pushing the Change/remove button does nothing. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread