hyperic
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: forgot login password for windows xp

forgot login password for windows xp

hi could anyone help me. ive forgot my login password for my computer .it uses windows xp. could anyone help me on how to retreive my password or how to bypass it.if anyone can help then it will be you guys, im a newbe and need help..lol. thanks smokeyb

Soska Guest
    Why don't you just reinstall your OS? That may be much more easier for you.

If your computer is part of some domain, you may ask your network administrator for help. Perhaps you may have some other users with Admninistrator rights. If you are the only administrator on your computer and your computer is not part of the domain, i fear it would be too difficult for you to retrive/reinstate your password. Also, there is no way you can bypass password prompt.

hi soska. thanks alot for your reply to my questions.. i cant believe i didnt think of installing the os system again.. told you i was a newbe..lol. thanks smokeyb.

Unregistered Guest
    you can hack the sam file. There are books and tutorials how to do that.

Legion Guest
    just get this [url=http://www.topshareware.com/SAMInside-download-5*88.htm]SAMInside 2.*[/url]

As you may see, there is no way for him to get his sam file. Why do you recommend it? HE WAS NOT EVEN ABLE TO LOGON.

Your_sex Guest

Lightbulb I NEED HELP!

Hi i want to have new penpals and friends email me!

Prof. Boris Kazandzhan
    Moscow Power Engineering Institute
    Tverskayast */*
    Moscow
    Russia
    Fax : +7 0*5 *75 208*
    E-mail : [email]alten@mail.cnt.ru[/email]

Don't pay attention to this and such posts.

Unregistered Guest
    If u d`ont hava a pasword on administrator u can enter in safe mode and enter as administrator, and un can disable iour user pasword, if u have pasword on a user acount.
    Please forghive m english

Draxonfly Guest
    Yeah go to safe mode then go to...

Control Panel/User Account/Your Account/Remove Password

and it should be ok, you can put a new password on later

Draxonfly

I am not sure that it is possible to logon without a password even in safe mode. But maybe it is just my insufficiend knowledge about XP.

Unregistered Guest
    Dont be worried about the password. coz when you logon to safemode, you get to user names one is which you have created and the other one has the name itself as "Administrator" and when you logon to this account (i.e. "Administrator") you dont get prompted for a password.

Unregistered Guest
    >one has the name itself as >"Administrator" and when you logon to >this account (i.e. "Administrator") you >dont get prompted for a password.

when you install this windows and you set not a separatly password wich is also not differnt from your user wich you create. such is not good but standard.
    this way will not work for me.
    i had set a passwort so is in safe_mode also a password nesessary.

Unregistered Guest
    >one has the name itself as "Administrator" and when you logon to this account (i.e. "Administrator") you dont get prompted for a password.

when you install this windows and you set not a separatly password wich is also not differnt from your user wich you create. such is not good but standard.
    this way will not work for me.
    i had set a passwort so is in safe_mode also a password nesessary.

What type of computer do you have? (for example: Dell, HP, Compaq, etc.) The reason I ask is, some computer companies set up their hard drives where you can reset them back to factory settings without a lot of trouble. HP is one of the companies that does this. It gives you the option of completely deleting what you have already done and resetting it to show room condition, or just taking away certain things.
    Last edited by Erotes; 10-06-2004 at 04:57 PM.

Closed Thread