hyperic
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forum Identity?

Unregistered Guest

Forum Identity?

I’ll tell my story first then ask my question –
    I often post on sports forum that is of interest to me. I got a bit upset one day at something the forum admin had been posting. So, for some reason, I got this ****-brained idea that I would register under a different user name and make a statement about this person’s credibility on a subject. I created a new Yahoo email address and registered under a silly name. I didn’t give any information that give-away my true identity.

My original use-name, the one I use everyday, does have my true identity listed in my profile.

Anyway, after a few days the person (the administrator) whom I was making a well-deserved thrashing too, posted that after some investigation they now know the true identity of the “user-name.”

My question is, is this possible? Can they some how match IP addresses up to see that the two user-names come from the same location?

Can they some how match IP addresses up to see that the two user-names come from the same location?

yes-they can. they can do a whois on the ip's or just by looking at the ip octects.

Data.

legion Guest
    hehehe you did right on changing identity with your email address. however you did not change IP. they can see it's a different user but same IP so that leads only to one thing your guilty.
    anyway to learn how to change Ip and surf anonymously go to [url]www.proxynation.org[/url] and register. to access tutorials and elite proxy.

T Rex Guest
    Also the admin checked your variables that's how you got caught.
    IP spoofing or changing is NOT enough.
    [url]www.proxynation.org[/url]

hi,

Its pretty cool if you can keep the invites down to once a week. Thank you.

Data.

+ Reply to Thread