hyperic
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: are proxies worth it?

I used proxies for awhile, sometimes slowed things down a bit but made me feel more secure. I stopped using them because I heard some of the "anonymous" listed proxies dont want public traffic and will report you to your isp. can someone give me their thoughts on this?

are proxies worth it?

Originally posted by solidschoppe
    I used proxies for awhile, sometimes slowed things down a bit but made me feel more secure. I stopped using them because I heard some of the "anonymous" listed proxies dont want public traffic and will report you to your isp. can someone give me their thoughts on this?
    Well, if proxy is in hostile country it's unlikely ISP will get upset on the remote chance proxy would complain. You could contact proxy and ask for permission.

Anon proxy is useful for not displaying your true IP in email header when sending email using Web based email account. Bear in mind proxy, ISP, and nodes can capture your email account password unless you use email account that supports SSL secure login like Hotmail and Prontomail...
    Blacksheep

Wink

I agree with Blacksheep. But, I must add a few things.
    *. If the Proxy is open its their own fault not yours.
    2. I never heard of an ISP. breakin em off on one of there paying ********s.
    *. Some proxy's do slow things down sometimes. Change them often.
    I wouldn't be too concerned, set up the proxy again and keep your true IP to yourself.

+ Reply to Thread