monit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I learn .net using Perl or Java?

Hybrid View

Can I learn .net using Perl or Java?

Can I learn .net using Perl or Java?
    I am an experienced programmer and have used various flavors of Visual Studio in the past for Basic and C. But my recent 8 years of work has been Linux and I have missed out on the move to .NET.

I would like to learn .NET, the new models, security, etc, without worrying about language issues. Is this possible using Perl or Java? What do I need to D/L or buy to start?
    =======================
    Last edited by DougN; 06-09-2015 at 05:12 PM.

aliza Guest

Re:

may be i can buy one

Trying to find which is the "fastest" can only be done by identical experiments:
    - You write a piece of code in all languages, with the SAME source (input) and objective (output).
    - Make this in a repeat loop (for/next) to multiply the length.
    - Start a timer at the beginning of the program,
    - Stop it when the program has completed its work.
    - Get the total time.
    - Compare performances with the other languages.
    It seems evident to say this, but EACH language has its own fast and slow processes, and finding the "fastest" is really a question of WHAT you are doing!
    You also have to take care of each CALL you make:
    In PhP, two or three similar functions would give you the same answer, but some take longer to execute (sometimes 20 times longer!) By just using a different function, you can make your code much faster!
    Last edited by DougN; 06-09-2015 at 05:12 PM.

For advanced programming levels, you can attend a couple of TECH-ED sessions that gets you plenty of learning as you would in a crash course with enough time to get your doubts cleared from Microsoft's product development managers themselves. I think there's one coming up in Barcelona, Spain sometime soon. Apart from videos and webcasts, Wrox publications have good books on most of the popular NET languages as well.
    Last edited by DougN; 06-09-2015 at 05:11 PM.

.NET is different then pearl or Java, That isn't say you couldn't get a program to do both. But to learn .NET you need Visual Studo. They have free versions for all the .NET (C# VB.NET) and so forth.[url=http://stctechnologiescorporatetraining.in/]STC Technologies[/url]|[url=http://stctechnologiestraining.in/]STC Technologies[/url]|[url=http://stctechnologiesgroup.com/]STC Technologies[/url]

well, i do not about the perl but both java and .net platform is totally different so if you want to learn .net then it will better to know Visual Basic to you.

+ Reply to Thread