hyperic
Closed Thread

Thread: DNS Cache Issues

DNS Cache Issues

Hi,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my ISP. If you want, you can read about it on my blog, which should be linked below. If not here are two links [url]http://sedgefield.blogdrive.com/archive/*6.html[/url] and [url]http://sedgefield.blogdrive.com/archive/*5.html.[/url] In one of those posts you will see that the support people referred me here.

Basically, On my blog is a link to another blog. It is correct. The IP address changed a few weeks ago, though the web address remains the same. (can you tell I'm not really sure what I'm talking about)

Since then, I have not been able to see the blog, though anybody else I ask via other forums can see it.

The support dept tell me it is my DNS cache, I think their DNS is serving me the old numbers.

Is this the right place for somebody to make some s***estions?

hi,

*6.htm exists. however *5.htm gave a file not found. Try delete your temporory internet files and try again.In the browser operation,also tick mark,'always give me new copy of web page'.Maybe the DNS will take some time to update itself once the IP's are changed, a day or two.

Data.

Thanks, I had no idea about that problem - the file not found that is. It has something to do with the "permalinks" and posting to my blog twice in one day.

However the IP numbers change was over a month ago, and I still can't see the site from my own machine.

I managed to use a web based rss reader to look at the feed, but then I clicked to read the full post, and of course got a time out.

Perhaps I should do a ipconfig/flushdns like they advised for XP, even though I'm using Win *8?

hi,

yes,flush dns might work if its not the ISP's DNS cache problem. However i don't know how you do it. If you have nothing to loose you can just reinstall win *8 but is a naive but effective solution. Maybe somebody else has a more effective solution.

Data.
    Last edited by DATA; 11-12-2004 at 07:57 AM.

Closed Thread