munin
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shutdown Using MS-DOS

Hybrid View

Unregistered Guest
    Originally posted by SyntaX******
    Bad News- You wont be able to put the file in her startup folder ~

UNLESS she has her C:\ drive shared giveing all users permission to it. Test it out to see...

Copy "PathOfFileOnYourComputer" "\\HERIPORCOMPUTERNAME\c$\"
    -If this works WOW, copy the file to her startup folder- Expect an Access Denied b.c i really doubt it is shared.

About your conserns... She wont know what happened b.c the file deletes itself after it runs. It also does NO damage. It just tweaks the shit out of windows. I could add some other commands but this is just an old batch i wrote last year. I can make windows do whatever you would like it to do. Just let me know what you want and ill create it.

UNDERSTAND HOW TO RUN THE FILE
    ------------------------------
    *. You do NOT run the file
    2. You place the file here on your LOCAL COMPUTER
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    *. You tell her you cant log onto the computer, ask her to help you... Get her to log onto the computer with her own username and password which will automatically start the program as soon as she logs into windows.
    I'm *5% sure her C drive is shared, dumbass, I guess she didn't expect for me to come along I've been experimenting with batch files, I think I can make a nice one. Thanks for the help though, I'll ask if I need your help.

Also, in your batch file, what is c:\reg.reg and what does it do?\

Thanks, asdfghjkloo

ABHIS Guest
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    Also, in your batch file, what is c:\reg.reg and what does it do?\
    The " >> " is a stdin redirection, it means that you are redirecting whatever typed text into --> a file (in this particular case it is called reg.reg located on the root of disk C
    you may call it anything else, but in this expl you need to keep the .reg extension.
    By the way, DO NOT FORGET to add this line as well at the end of your batch file:
    del c:\reg.reg

ABHIS Guest
    Add the line BEFORE del "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\winhelp.bat"
    Because whatever is AFTER this line is completely useless

Shutdown someones comy

At school i want to shutdown a friends computer but how do i go about it if i do not have access to command prompt. Is there any way?Or any other programs similar to command prompt that will be allowed?

thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Unregistered Guest

Re: Shutdown someones comy

Originally posted by *2*456
    At school i want to shutdown a friends computer but how do i go about it if i do not have access to command prompt. Is there any way?Or any other programs similar to command prompt that will be allowed?

thanks a lot in advance for your help.
    You can access the command prompt by:
    *. Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
    2. Click Start and Run. Then type "cmd" (no quotation marks) and hit enter.
    *. Open notepad and type start in the document. Save the document as cmd.bat on the desktop (so you can easily delete it after you're through with it) and then run the file.

asdfghjkloo

Unregistered Guest

Lightbulb

sir,
    I am using lan system ,i want 2 delete/change administrator password
    I done these step but vain

goto comond prompt

and write net user administrator*

no found administrator changed and delete opetion plz help me

Question

once i have sumones ip address what can i do? could i possibly hack there game account if they play the same one as me?

been looking for this thread to come up

wow,

these post are really very helpful... i've been trying to do the same thing but with no luck on the shutdown.exe..... Im also getting access denied. Im trying this on a Peer-To-Peer LAN. Each workstation has WinXP SP2 on it. What is wierd is that each workstation userid's are on admin level (unless there is something higher than "Administrator").. including whatever station I use. I have admin access to any workstation that I sit into but I cannot get accomplish this remotely (I mean station shutting down another station)... I will appreciate the help... oh and another thing, hopefully I can accomplish this without using a third party freeware.... i really wanted to learn how stuff works.... hope ya'll understand

hi

Naa, its technology, we cant please everyone, and in the last *0 minutes i've been all over the world. Its my opinion that the good outweighs the bad.
    My site: [url]www.findlowestprices.net[/url]

Sorry about those links DATA -

By the way, DO NOT FORGET to add this line as well at the end of your batch file:
    Thanks for catchin that!
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/services.php]Speed Up Windows XP[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/ip.php]Get An Ip Address[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/base_converter.php]Base Converter[/url]
    --------------------------------
    [URL=http://www.boninroad.com/syntax******/]Old Site[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.syntax******.info]Comming Soon[/URL]

Unregistered Guest

help

I am having trouble making batch files. What I want to do is make four batch files. The first one to be placed in the startup directory to shutdown or disable the computer. The second one to do so remotely. Assume that the cmd remote shutdown line was disabled because you cannot see any other computers. This is for the school network, which is Novell netware 5.86. I have access to cmd, regedit, my computer, control panel, administrative tools, and everything not part of the network. I can make a new windows user with admin rights. Most things on the network are disabled. I can use Remote Assistance, but no other messenging services. I can also map the network drive, giving me access to all files, except other home directories. I was able to somehow, once logged on as them, add myself and others to the trustee rights of that student. I cannot do this to any other students. Even though i can see most network files, i cannot use some of them. Any other network tricks or ideas would be helpful. The second to wipe all files in the folder that I specify, on my command. It would be nice if it also deleted any reference to these files. The third to wipe the hard drive totaly clean, and keep the files from being recoverable, also on my command, not automaticly. It would also be great if the last two could delete themselves afterward. I didn't see any other threads where this should be posted, so this one looked good. Any help would be useful. I would also like some current novell password hack programs, all the ones that i found were out of date. I just found pandora though, so i will try that. Sorry to ask so much of you, but the people here all seemed to be experts.

Unregistered Guest
    Simply because I've been searching for this for some time now, only to solve it myself...

IF you're looking to remotely shutdown an XP Pro machine and are receiving Access is Denied, even though you can connect to the remote desktop... Turn your simple file sharing off, then try to shut 'er down again.

Wheee!

Unregistered Guest
    how do u turn simple file sharing off?

- a noob

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    I am having trouble making batch files. What I want to do is make four batch files. The first one to be placed in the startup directory to shutdown or disable the computer. The second one to do so remotely. Assume that the cmd remote shutdown line was disabled because you cannot see any other computers. This is for the school network, which is Novell netware 4.86. I have access to cmd, regedit, my computer, control panel, administrative tools, and everything not part of the network. I can make a new windows user with admin rights. Most things on the network are disabled. I can use Remote Assistance, but no other messenging services. I can also map the network drive, giving me access to all files, except other home directories. I was able to somehow, once logged on as them, add myself and others to the trustee rights of that student. I cannot do this to any other students. Even though i can see most network files, i cannot use some of them. Any other network tricks or ideas would be helpful. The second to wipe all files in the folder that I specify, on my command. It would be nice if it also deleted any reference to these files. The third to wipe the hard drive totaly clean, and keep the files from being recoverable, also on my command, not automaticly. It would also be great if the last two could delete themselves afterward. I didn't see any other threads where this should be posted, so this one looked good. Any help would be useful. I would also like some current novell password hack programs, all the ones that i found were out of date. I just found pandora though, so i will try that. Sorry to ask so much of you, but the people here all seemed to be experts.
    sorry, typo 4.86, not 5.86

[
    hey guys in need help.
    i want to shutdown a pc on our network at work but i dont know the commands to do it using ms dos promt.

+ Reply to Thread