rrdtool
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Security/hacking news

Security/hacking news

VIDEO of Fedex Kinko's Smart Cards getting hacked!

This video shows a couple guys hacking the FedEx Kinko Smart Cards. It actually works. They paid a buck and hacked the card to give them $50 bucks. They could have easily cashed out that 50 bucks at the cashier. Watch it here:

[url]http://*****************/watch?v=jQhqKsd6e54&feature=Recent&page=**&t=t&f=b[/url]

=======================================================================

New magnetic phenomenon to improve RAM and hard drive capacity

The application of 'displaced vortex states' - small magnetic circular movements of just a few thousandths of a millimetre - may accelerate the arrival of a new type of magnetic memory (MRAM) that does not disappear when a computer is switched off. Picture of the displaced vortex states is interesting. See it here:

[url]http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2006-0*/uadb-anm0*0206.php[/url]

=====================================================================

How the warez scene works

An article from 2600 that seems to be one of the most well-rounded and informative article's about how the Scene works & How warez/other files get spread through the p2p networks.

BTW for anyone who doesn't know what warez are, it is "copyrighted material that is in violation of it's copyright license", basically pirated software/movies. The term warez refers to software/movies released my organised groups and distributed by servers with connections faster than *00mbit/s sometimes, it is far more organised and skillful than the peer to peer downloading you have probably done with a bittorrent client, limewire etc that you have downloaded. People usually download from these compromised servers by ftp, from a ftp server that has been installed on the computer by whoever gained access to it. See it here:

[url]http://old.wheresthebeef.co.uk/show.php/guide/2600_Guide_to_Internet_Piracy-TYDJ.txt[/url]

=========================================================================

That was just some random news from sites like [url]www.digg.com[/url] and from my mailing lists, mostly related to security/hacking. BTW don't PM me with this username after about 2 days from now, because I might be getting my old one back soon.
    Last edited by mike9512; 03-04-2006 at 08:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread