hobbit monitor
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Password Crackers-Are ANY successful?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverMourn
    IF there was not a way to place a keylogger program (Physically on their computer, or Undetected in a .zip file) could there be a way to encode a keylogger onto a website?
    You can't 'encode' malware on web pages. You can only execute code in a browser through exploiting a vulnerability in the browser, but the last two major vulnerabilities in IE (the most commonly used browser) have been fixed.

Also, placing the file in a zip archive will stop it being detected by antivirus programs, but as soon as it is extracted, it will be detected and blocked, negating the point of putting it in a zip archive.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

Right it's *am and I've spent the past two hours reading through post after post and tbh, I've just been getting more and more confused.
    What I do know is that I need a keylogger.
    Im thinking this would be the best option to take as I just want to retrieve a password.
    What i'd like is perhaps a breakdown of a keylogger?
    I have a vague idea of what it's about - mailing you a variety of characters/whatever that may contain a password, but I'd like to know exactly how it works etc.
    Now i've read quite a lot of contradictorary things so can someone clear this up - can I e-mail someone a keylogger without them noticing?
    & if not, can I download a keylogger onto my computer & have them use it.
    If I do this will it record information from everyone who uses the computer, including myself?
    Now I'm not pretending I'm particularly skilled with computers. I understand basic html and css but that's pretty much as far as it goes.
    In the past I've managed to gain access to accounts through sheer logic and guess work but I'm dealing with a particularly difficult one atm.
    I'm pretty sure that the password I want is one that will be used for all accounts including hotmail,myspace etc etc

So yeah, basically I just want more info on keyloggers or alternatives.
    I cant use a program like Cain and Abel because I'm not on the same network.
    & I'm chatting rubbish 'cause i'm quite tired but bear with me lol.

The person I'm trying to hack uses a network computer at work mostly, but I know this person personally so I may be able to get them to use my computer.
    I've probably repeated myself a thousand times or whatever but Idc.

Just get back to me if you can help me out with this :]

Quote Originally Posted by playdead__X
    Right it's *am and I've spent the past two hours reading through post after post and tbh, I've just been getting more and more confused.
    What I do know is that I need a keylogger.
    Im thinking this would be the best option to take as I just want to retrieve a password.
    What i'd like is perhaps a breakdown of a keylogger?
    I have a vague idea of what it's about - mailing you a variety of characters/whatever that may contain a password, but I'd like to know exactly how it works etc.
    Now i've read quite a lot of contradictorary things so can someone clear this up - can I e-mail someone a keylogger without them noticing?
    & if not, can I download a keylogger onto my computer & have them use it.
    If I do this will it record information from everyone who uses the computer, including myself?
    Now I'm not pretending I'm particularly skilled with computers. I understand basic html and css but that's pretty much as far as it goes.
    In the past I've managed to gain access to accounts through sheer logic and guess work but I'm dealing with a particularly difficult one atm.
    I'm pretty sure that the password I want is one that will be used for all accounts including hotmail,myspace etc etc

So yeah, basically I just want more info on keyloggers or alternatives.
    I cant use a program like Cain and Abel because I'm not on the same network.
    & I'm chatting rubbish 'cause i'm quite tired but bear with me lol.

The person I'm trying to hack uses a network computer at work mostly, but I know this person personally so I may be able to get them to use my computer.
    I've probably repeated myself a thousand times or whatever but Idc.

Just get back to me if you can help me out with this :]

A keylogger is a program that logs keys, and usually sends these logged keys to an email address. They vary in a lot of ways, but they are usually designed to install themself when run by the victim, and then run silently, sending the logged keys at preset intervals. I don't see what's not to understand, it logs every pressed key, and sends all these to your email address. You can then search the logs for passwords.

No, people have to download and run the file themself. It all depends on how good you are at social engineering - you gotta convince them to run it. Of course, sometimes there may be vulnerabilities in webmail/email clients that allow you to download and run it without their permission, but you should forget about these, because it's not very common.

if not, can I download a keylogger onto my computer & have them use it.
    Yes, this is probably a lot easier. And, you can get a legitimate keylogger that doesn't leave a load of crap that's hard to remove. If you wanted it to just run for one user, you could log in to their account, and tell it to only run for that one user (the registry has startup locations for individual users and overall admin startup).

I haven't got much time now, so you can post any more questions you have, and I will reply to them when I get the chance.

Wink Pick Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    does anyone know how to crack myspace passwords?
    Well, mike*0* told me this one, type in the e-mail address of who u wanna hack (only works if they have an account) then put an axe in the... i forget ask him later.

Help Mike

Mike, I went to your website on learning C++ but I find it all very confusing. Can I just write the code in Notepad and try to run it, or do I have to download a compliler and all that stuff? Please help, my "hello world" won't run.

Quote Originally Posted by optimizer
    Mike, I went to your website on learning C++ but I find it all very confusing.
    What website on learning C++? I posted a whole bunch of links earlier.

Can I just write the code in Notepad and try to run it, or do I have to download a compliler and all that stuff? Please help, my "hello world" won't run.
    No, programs have to be compiled. What you write into notepad is just text, and is not understandable by the computer. So you write your human readable code into a text editor, then use a compiler to convert it into computer understandable code.

There are two types of languages; scripting languages, and programming languages. Scripting languages, such as perl and php, are entered into a text file, then run using an interpreter. These scripts can only remain as normal text because the interpreter is doing all the work translating it into computer understandable code as it runs the script (well not exactly, but that's the best way of explaining it). Programming languages such as C++ are also entered into a text file, but then converted directly into computer understandable code using a compiler (and linker). This compiler will generate a executable file - a program that interacts directly with the operating system without the need for an interpreter at runtime.

So scripts are run with an interpteter, and executables are standalone programs that can run on their own without the need for any external programs.

Your C++ program needs to be transformed into machine code using a compiler (into a .exe file on windows). Without that, it is just a normal text file that has no purpose other than to store text.

Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    What website on learning C++? I posted a whole bunch of links earlier.
    *Sorry, I meant the links that you posted. My mistake. So by saving the text file as an .exe, it automaticly acts as a compiler ?

*Sorry, I meant the links that you posted. My mistake. So by saving the text file as an .exe, it automaticly acts as a compiler ?
    No, if you save a text file as .exe, it will just be exactly the same apart from the fact it has a different extension. If you open up any .exe file with notepad, you will just see random characters. This is because it is machine code, not normal text. If you open up a text file, you will see text. Simply changing a text file to the .exe extension doesn't change the fact that is is still just text. Extensions mean nothing. Here is how the compiling process works:

Source code (text) ===========>Compiler==============>Executable (.exe, or other extension)

You enter your code into a text file (not necessarily with the .txt extension), and then use a compiler to generate a .exe file from that code (on windows). On windows, no compiler for c++/c is included, so you need to download a compiler if you want to program.

Here is a free c++ compiler:

[url]http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/dev-cpp/devcpp-4.*.*.2_setup.exe[/url]

Dev-c++ is very easy to use - simply enter your code into the program, then click 'compile' when you want to compile it. Then, a .exe file will appear in the directory you installed dev-c++ to.

Sorry to bother you..... but when I click the compile and run button, It looks like a black box appears for half a second and then its gone. Is that supposed to happen, or am I doing something wrong again

Sorry to bother you..... but when I click the compile and run button, It looks like a black box appears for half a second and then its gone. Is that supposed to happen, or am I doing something wrong again
    Post the code you are using. I can say with almost *00% certainty that the problem is that your code doesn't have anything to 'pause' the program before it exits, so the code simply runs within less than a second, flashes it's output to the screen, then closes. There are many solutions to this problem:

• At the end of your code, place the line: system("PAUSE"); <-- A inefficient solution - avoid if possible.

• At the end of your code, place the line: cin.get();

• At the end of your code, place some sort of loop.

Or...

Open up command prompt (start - run: cmd) and enter:

cd C:\PATH\TO\DEVC++

Then enter this next line, replacing the programname.exe with the name of the program dev-c++ generated:

programname.exe

Now, it will run the program, but instead of flashing for one second and disappearing, command prompt will let you view back on all the program did up until it stopped. Nothing different is happening, just the command prompt retains all the output on the screen.

A lot of command line programs will flash on the screen for a second then disappear - this is because they were designed to be run from command prompt.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 06-11-2006 at 04:44 AM.

#include <iostream.h>

int main()
    {
    cout << "Hello World!\n";
    return 0;
    }

-heres the code

Talking mike*0*, you have the patience of a SAINT!

mike*o*, just wanted to tell you man, TWO KUDOS for your patience. jesus h christ brother, i just don't know how you do it! LOL!

tell you what everyone, and you know who you are, how about this.. if the FA won't keep inane questions coming through, how about just NOT RESPONDING to the bogus requests, and just answer the lucid, relevant, timely requests where the poster actually put some time, effort and research in to it?

i think thats the only way to clean up the forums. l**t as it may sound, some of these peeps need to do their homework vs. trying to get someone else to do it for them.

if things were so easy, every tom, dick 'n harry would be doing it. personally speaking, i'm GLAD that the world is full of PHD's (push here dummies) and script kiddies. every time i discover some of their handiwork.. CHA CHINGGG!

anyway mike, I just wanted to tell you, I feel your pain brother.

respect!

-m

@optimizer: Yes, the code is exactly as I expected - the information I provided in my previous post should be enough to solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by microserf
    mike*o*, just wanted to tell you man, TWO KUDOS for your patience. jesus h christ brother, i just don't know how you do it! LOL!

tell you what everyone, and you know who you are, how about this.. if the FA won't keep inane questions coming through, how about just NOT RESPONDING to the bogus requests, and just answer the lucid, relevant, timely requests where the poster actually put some time, effort and research in to it?

i think thats the only way to clean up the forums. l**t as it may sound, some of these peeps need to do their homework vs. trying to get someone else to do it for them.
    Well, I normally try to keep to the 'ignore them' approach, but sometimes people need to be told in plain English to stop wasting time/google. Now, I will try to ignore the moronic posts more.

if things were so easy, every tom, dick 'n harry would be doing it. personally speaking, i'm GLAD that the world is full of PHD's (push here dummies) and script kiddies. every time i discover some of their handiwork.. CHA CHINGGG!

anyway mike, I just wanted to tell you, I feel your pain brother.

respect!

-m

Yeah, I agree with that. The reason every single computer hooked up to the internet hasn't been compromised is that hackers are in a relatively small proportion to the usual script kiddies and non-********* people. Everyone is capable of not understanding computers, but a much smaller amount of people have what it takes to learn and understand things at a very complex level. If everyone was a skilled cracker, the world would be in chaos. And if everyone was skilled, there would be no demand for our knowledge.

Exclamation Re want to hack myspace by eddym2**0

Whilst reading Eddy2**0's article on how to get MySpace passwords I realised it bore AMASING similarity to another page i'd recently read on Yahoo passwords at [url]http://www.oppapers.com/term-papers/78*4*.html[/url]

Just curious as to whether anyone, other then Eddym2**0, has had success doing this although I doubt it!

I had noticed the "Yahoo" versions of this have subtly different addresses to send this onto which makes me suspicious of a scam of sorts although was pretty impressed with Eddym2**0's details until i stepped through them and wondered why a server, which holds password information amongst other details, would be set-up with a user profile where you can not only add it as a friend but also e-mail it?!

Can anyone shed any light on this??

Did find an interesting article elsewhere, admittedly from a group that appear to be selling services [url]http://www.pwcrack.com/howtohackaol.shtml[/url] which appears to re-inforce everything Mike*0* has told everyone already.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttytart
    Whilst reading Eddy2**0's article on how to get MySpace passwords I realised it bore AMASING similarity to another page i'd recently read on Yahoo passwords at [url]http://www.oppapers.com/term-papers/78*4*.html[/url]

Just curious as to whether anyone, other then Eddym2**0, has had success doing this although I doubt it!

I had noticed the "Yahoo" versions of this have subtly different addresses to send this onto which makes me suspicious of a scam of sorts although was pretty impressed with Eddym2**0's details until i stepped through them and wondered why a server, which holds password information amongst other details, would be set-up with a user profile where you can not only add it as a friend but also e-mail it?!

Can anyone shed any light on this??

Did find an interesting article elsewhere, admittedly from a group that appear to be selling services [url]http://www.pwcrack.com/howtohackaol.shtml[/url] which appears to re-inforce everything Mike*0* has told everyone already.
    The reason why a scam (yes, it is a scam) like this works, is that when people see a 2 second click-to-hack method of hacking any email account, they forget their common sense while thinking about the massive amount of damage/profit you could gain if something like this really works.

But to keep things short - this is a scam, a very old social engineering trick; the 'bot' address is one that the scammer took 2 seconds to sign up, you will receive nothing if you email your password to him, and you should avoid even considering the possibility that this could work - people get curious and then forget their normal level of common sense and doubt when dealing with a load of scamming BS.

Just forget about it. I can say with *00% certainty that this is a scam. It's a joke that people expect us to believe the same scam that has been going around since the internet began. If someone posted normally a way to 'hack' email accounts, I would at least take into consideration what they say. But scams like this are all SO similar (as are 4** scams), we can immediately disregard them when we see them.

Closed Thread