Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide
Use a fucking Yahoo or Hotmail account people! At least they are trustworthy companies! Why can't you use Outlook Express either. Your internet provider should grant you an email address! I am *2 years old and I know this! God, how are people this stupid. And I agree about that people using this account as a main account are probably the ones who elected Bush. I hate America because of all the shitty stupid people.
And what someone who's only *2 years old may fail to grasp is that back in the day, well before Microsoft bought Hotmail, MOE was one of the best free email services out there. It was definitely better than Hotmail which was incredibly primitive andf hard to use, Yahoo didn't even do email then. MOE was so good in fact that I even paid for its service, both to use it as a redirector and as a POP accessible mailbox, and for many years I couldn't have been happier. And remember that up until two or three years ago when Microsoft and Yahoo stepped up their spam-filtering any Hotmail or Yahoo account with a decent was virtually unusable because of the amount of spam it attracted.

There is no way that using your ISP's mail account could ever be good advice for any average person, I've moved house * times in the last *0 years, changed internet provider 6 or 7 times, and through all of that managed to keep one email address that everyone knows and everyone can contact me on. Try managing that with your ISP's free email address.

Now MOE has been giving steadily worse service for about the last year and a half, and last time my subs came up for renewal I had to think long and hard about renewing, so I decided to give them one more year, and during that tiume I'd transition all of my email services away from them to an email address that I actually own, as opposed to just renting from them. Am I glad I did that!

Over the last year and a half I've frequently had times where their service was completely inaccessible or silently dropping emails for 2 or * days at a time, but it always came up on the monday afternoon (after a complaint email), so I wasn't too worried this time, until I looked into it.

And of course now their home page is coming up showing the domain name has been bought and is parked on a reseller's page, so I don't think any of us are getting our email accounts back people.