Quote Originally Posted by kaufen View Post
C# really feels like the most mature language that I've ever dealt with. Writing it feels clear, if something is wrong the deb***er is very clear. The number of features that are there is incredible (especially post C# 2.0 when they added generics). Properties are delightful.

How do you convert to a string? Convert.ToString(). How about an integer? Knowing only that one, it's what you'd expect!

I also picked JavaScript because I am in a love affair with this weird little language. I also think it is one of the easiest languages to teach basic programming with (videos forthcoming).

The amount of time it takes to whip up a five-cent program with javascript without even leaving my browser, heck without even leaving this tab is just astounding to me even after all these years.

One thing I noticed though while writing this comment is that more than the language itself, the tools that I use while building things in the language are what really make them a pleasure to use. If I wasn't using Google Chrome's web developer tools I'd probably consider JavaScript to be a nightmarish corpse of a language that punishes the slightest of typos with a silent malicious grin, as code execution carries on as if A.blah = 5 and A.blsh = 5 were both equally worthy of existing to the JS compiler/interpreter. Only by the grace of tools is JS tame at all.

That comes word for word from a post *226 days ago on a Hacker News "What's Your Favorite Programming Language?" poll by someone known as simonsarris.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=*7466*2

Now I know you're not this person because even if you were, you wouldn't have been able to type it out word for word from memory, and I already called you out once today for posting text from an article that appeared on dummies.com without providing the source, making it appear as if it was your own.

For shame....