opennms
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ip address

ip address

ive found out how to get someones ip address by reading a few of the threads,
    but i dont know why people want them. what can ppl do with other ppls ip address?

Make grapefruit juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    Make grapefruit juice.
    lol
    or maybe a large collection of ip addresses

Quote Originally Posted by scumm View Post
    ive found out how to get someones ip address by reading a few of the threads,
    but i dont know why people want them. what can ppl do with other ppls ip address?

Yes you are right most of the people wants to know the IP address of others. Some people use that to hack someone by their IP and some other people use it to find out some details of the IP address. To know the details of someones IP address visit the site Ip-Details.com here it provide ISP address, country, IP location, latitude and longitude.

re:

They may use it to invade privacy, get their location and personal details. Its best to hide IP addresses nowadays.

Companies and people record IP addresses for lots of reasons.

Think of your IP address the same way you do your home address. It tells people who you are and where you're from. Anyone looking to monitor what you do online needs to log your IP address to keep ***** of you.

Ever search for something on Google and then see advertisements for that very thing all over the place? It's because an advertising company logged your IP with "*****ing cookies" and uses that information to try and sell you things.

Similarly, governments, businesses and internet service providers might ***** your IP to see what you're doing online and to make sure you aren't breaking any laws or stealing anything they own. Anyone who has been prosecuted for downloading copyrighted content was caught when law enforcement started *****ing their IP address.

It's generally a good idea to try and keep your IP anonymous. The main options out there are web proxies and VPNs. Proxies only change your IP in your browser and don't provide any additional security, but are great if you're trying to access blocked websites. VPNs are programs you can download that reroute your connection through remote servers. VPNs offer faster speeds than proxies and both randomize your IP and encrypt all of your data. There are a lot of good options out there, it really depends what your needs are.

I was also confused on why people are doing it. The information I've read from this thread is very helpful. So, how will I hide my IP address? Or what should I do to start using vpn?

Quote Originally Posted by mat* View Post
    I was also confused on why people are doing it. The information I've read from this thread is very helpful. So, how will I hide my IP address? Or what should I do to start using vpn?
    mat*, you have made a number of posts that you are using a vpn for security. Do you actually know what a vpn does?

+ Reply to Thread