server monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IRC security

Question IRC security

Is there any way to secure your ISP in IRC environment?I mean is there any way to hide your IP?
    I heard its almost impossible..is that so?
    Thanks in Advance....

Unregistered Guest
    There are a couple of ways to hide your ip address on IRC. First is to route your internet traffic through a proxy server. There are programs that scan through a range of ip address to find available proxy servers like proxy hunter for example. Once you acquire your list you can use the ip address of a proxy server in mirc. In options go to firewall. Click the firewall checkbox. Enter the hostname or ip address into the "Hostname:" textbox. Click the radio button that corresponds to the type of server (socks 4, socks 5 or proxy). Now is where you will run into problems. Once you try to connect most IRC servers will check the ip address that is trying to make a conection. If it finds the certain ports open, you will be automatically disconnected. It is very difficult to connect this way. However if you are persistent you can find a server that will let you on.

Or you could go the easy way and use freedom from zero-knowledge. Its $50 USD a year but all your internet traffic is directed through their servers. Thus hiding your ip address.

Or you could go the easy way and use freedom from zero-knowledge. Its $50 USD a year but all your internet traffic is directed through their servers. Thus hiding your ip address.
    Unfortunately this service is gone. See [url]http://www.freedom.net/prem.html[/url]

GIVE THIS A TRY

HI,

I AM not sure of this.this is just my s***esion.

get a chat client like jpilot or some html client.

put it on a web site

access it frm anonymizer.com and then try chatting on the irc server from there.
    i suppose it works
    i am not pretty sure.

z Guest

Easy to hide IP on IRC

It's very easy to hide your IP on IRC.
    More information here:

[url]http://linkworld.to/proxyblind[/url]

new_beat Guest

undernet scan open proxies/socksscript

Yes for all those post uper but
    I have noticed that since few week UNDERNET have a better scan script or something like that, and it's result in an K_lined or G_lined all the socks/proxy i use to connect througt are now 'discorvered and banned' and it's comming even impossible to hide my ip as i used to.

Someone can help ?

Thx u.

z Guest

Dalnet use same trick but you must be patiente and find proxy that does not use next variables:

HTTP_VIA - This is the basic filter. The HTTP_VIA parameter tells the web server that you are accessing it via a proxy server. When you select this filter, you disable all proxies that use this variable.
    Presence of this variable in the request to a website reveals the fact that you are using a proxy. The information contained in it tells the website something about the proxy itself, not about your machine.

HTTP_FORWARDED - Similar to HTTP_VIA. Shows the proxy address and port through which the request was made.

HTTP_USER_AGENT_VIA - Again, this is similar to the previous. In some cases this variable shows via what proxy the request was made.

HTTP_CACHE_CONTROL and HTTP_CACHE_INFO - The presence of either of these two variables can also tell the website that you are accessing it via a proxy. These variables contain information about the cache of the proxy server.

and also try to use Socks2HTTP(It's agent converting SOCKS requests into HTTP requests and
    tunnelling them through HTTP proxy.SOCKS protocol allows programs to traverse firewalls on any port number and you can use that with IRC).

More information you can find here:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Staying anonymous in the age of Surveillance
    [url]http://linkworld.to/proxyblind[/url]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new_beat Guest

Thumbs up thanks :)

thank you very much for this very interressing answer.
    Nice from you
    It's help me a lot. i thougt i was become impossible
    thanks again.
    C u later.

+ Reply to Thread