network monitoring
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gaining IP's through a myspace listener?

Ip

Quote Originally Posted by kbrmagic
    im stupid, i admit it. but i like wat evryone had said i just dont know wat it means never the less how to do it. i understand a little bit, but im just learningm so plz can u help me. sum*
    It's explained pretty well here, including source of the php and instructions on how to include it on your page. If you don't know a lot of html and at least some php, then you should not try to attempt this, it would be impossible for someone to explain it to you if you have no knowledge at all, and we would end up having to do all the work for you. You should learn php then you will understand how its all working. Anyway, an ip number will not do anything, so if you are expecting to be able to hack someone by just knowing an ip then you shouldnt be doing this. Of course, it's useful to know if you wanted to know what country and isp they were using and if you had already installed a trojan then you would be able to connect. It would probably be easier to log ip numbers and other useful stuff if you did it on a proper web server where you can use ftp etc. but I suppose the whole point of this thread is about how to do this with myspace.

Red face

Well what about their myspace ID number or their myspace URL. Is it possible to know who's loging in to yourspace?

I'm trying to figure all of this out and I understand most of it. Except the server for the file. How do I create a server for the php file. SyntX****** posted one but for some reason it's not working.

Okay so I just went on to myspace and put in the code that SyntX****** has on here and it gave me a pl***in. Not exactly a pop up box but now I'm confused for sure.
    Last edited by Popcorn1; 02-13-2006 at 03:59 PM.

php

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn*
    Well what about their myspace ID number or their myspace URL. Is it possible to know who's loging in to yourspace?

I'm trying to figure all of this out and I understand most of it. Except the server for the file. How do I create a server for the php file. SyntX****** posted one but for some reason it's not working.

Okay so I just went on to myspace and put in the code that SyntX****** has on here and it gave me a pl***in. Not exactly a pop up box but now I'm confused for sure.
    "I understand most of it. Except the server for the file."

It's probably the easiest part, it doesn't require any knowledge to set up a website/server where you have ftp access. All you have to do is find a good free hosting service (I use [url]http://www.byethost.com/[/url] click on storage max free) then when you have a free site set up that supports php, all you have to do is put his php script in a .php text file, then upload it to your site by ftp. Then, remember the exact url to your php script (if it's in htdocs/the main directory for your site, then it's just [url]http://yoursite/script.php[/url]) and use that url in the myspace script to embed php scripts from other servers. Then when users access your myspace they will also be accessing the php file you uploaded on your private server. You have actually set up a proper website now, so you might as well just direct them directly to your page and include the ip logging function in the main page.

OK, For some reason this is not working for me...... I have my .php file on a server with php capabilities etc...

Now when I go to my .php file "IT WORKS"
    When I enter the code into myspace.com.. "NO GOOD"

When I go to Preview it says I have to install a Plugin. WTF? Why do I get that on my page?

EDIT: Also I saw you spoke of redirecting. Well I also would like to use the PHP command Header ([url]http://www.somewhere.com[/url]) "For redirecting the person, but again I can't get the .php to be embeded into my myspace.com page... "DID MYSPACE change something???"

If you know how I can redirect that would be great.

THanks
    Last edited by mheinjr; 02-17-2006 at 11:51 PM.

_

Quote Originally Posted by mheinjr
    OK, For some reason this is not working for me...... I have my .php file on a server with php capabilities etc...

Now when I go to my .php file "IT WORKS"
    When I enter the code into myspace.com.. "NO GOOD"

When I go to Preview it says I have to install a Plugin. WTF? Why do I get that on my page?

EDIT: Also I saw you spoke of redirecting. Well I also would like to use the PHP command Header ([url]http://www.somewhere.com[/url]) "For redirecting the person, but again I can't get the .php to be embeded into my myspace.com page... "DID MYSPACE change something???"

If you know how I can redirect that would be great.

THanks
    Are you sure you used the <embed> tag instead of putting the whole code into myspace, because they filter most stuff. I don't use myspace so I can't really know what the problem is. Why don't you give up on myspace and set up a real site, you now have your own site that supports php, you wouldn't have to try and get around filters, just put whatever code you want in.

Well, I am obviously doing somthing wrong, because even when I create a index.html file on my own web site IT DOES THE SAME THING "It's not just myspace". For some reason that embed command is calling for a plugin on a simple script.

php

Quote Originally Posted by mheinjr
    Well, I am obviously doing somthing wrong, because even when I create a index.html file on my own web site IT DOES THE SAME THING "It's not just myspace". For some reason that embed command is calling for a plugin on a simple script.
    You can't put the php script in a .html page, it is php so needs to be in a .php file. HTML pages can only have html, javascript, vbscript, .php files can have all that html pages have, and php. The php script inside the .php page has this structure:

<?php

SCRIPT HERE

?>
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 07-24-2006 at 04:08 AM.

Exclamation is this script still workin

i was told the guys at myspace disabled this ...ive tried several times and nothing happend

plugin ?

hello, this script goes very well on my page. I have nevertheless a problem with firefox 2.0, it asks me to install a plugin (text/HTML) when I consult my page.

Unhappy plugin // 2 // no solution?

Hello?

no solution for this problem?

+ Reply to Thread