hobbit monitor
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COmmand Prompt

Command prompt

Quote Originally Posted by *2*456
    Cheers Mike i don't know why it didn't occur to me that it would be in the recent folder. Erm seeing as you seem to have a broad knowledge of computers any ideas how i could deny access to the control panel for certain users on a computer running Win Xp Home edition

Cheers pal
    I dont think you can do that, you can only make folders private. If their account is set to limited, then they will not be able to make much changes with control panel, if they are not administrator most of the control panel will not be accessible anyway. If you go control panel - user accounts then click user account types at the left, then it will show you how limited a limited account is. There might be a way though, I only have one windows account on my computer (dual boot with linux) so I wouldnt know.

Cheers Mike.

Anyone else got any ideas? To be a little bit more specific somebody who uses this computer pisses about with the sound settings in the control panel so i was really after disabling the sound area for that user or even the control panel if necessary

Thanks alot

Question

Any ideas Syntax****** you seem to know everything else about computers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by *2*456
    Cheers Mike i don't know why it didn't occur to me that it would be in the recent folder. Erm seeing as you seem to have a broad knowledge of computers any ideas how i could deny access to the control panel for certain users on a computer running Win Xp Home edition

Cheers pal
    well there are some softwares out there that actually offer the thing u r talking about i downloaded a spy on my computer and thru that i can block what ever i want. myabe install a spy programm some also allows you to block websites and if u have norton system works installed then u can block watever u want on ur comp.
    WAFFLES?!?!? OMFG WHERE?!!?

+ Reply to Thread