monit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How 2 trace IP addrs, someone forging my info

How 2 trace IP addrs, someone forging my info

I have someone (obtained my info illegally & got my email address) now signing me up for 50 sites online. I have their IP address now I want to trace them to use this against them. Ho wcan I trace an IP address. Thanks

Stanley

Thumbs up heres the answer

Quote Originally Posted by dstanley
    I have someone (obtained my info illegally & got my email address) now signing me up for 50 sites online. I have their IP address now I want to trace them to use this against them. Ho wcan I trace an IP address. Thanks

Stanley
    go to [url]www.ip2location.com[/url] and type he ip in the box. or use the tool box in his site type that guys/girls ip in the smartwhois box it will tell u.
    WAFFLES?!?!? OMFG WHERE?!!?

Ip address

Quote Originally Posted by dstanley

Stanley
    Yeah, the two sites I use the most are

[url]http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp[/url]
    [url]http://www.ripe.net/[/url]

But there are hundreds of sites that will locate an ip for you, like this site, all-nettools.com I think. As I have said before, an ip will not give you an exact location, only the isp location, or whoever it's registered to. This will almost always tell you country, probably give you an approximate area, but not exact, maybe with smaller isps it will give you town. So don't go calling the police and tell them that this the person who hacked you lives at ______ then they will go to your isp's address. The best thing you can do now is contact their isp (which you will get from the ip, try [url]www.ripe.net[/url] for details), then they can probably help you if he has been abusing his internet connection by signing you up for stuff or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by dstanley View Post

Stanley

If you want to trace someones IP you should know the location of the IP. For that visit the site Ip-Details.com here they also provide country, ISP provider address, latitude and longitude. To know the whois information of that IP address visit the site WhoisXY.com .

+ Reply to Thread