zabbix
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Possible To Get Someone's Ip Address Through Aim Or An Email Address???????

Is It Possible To Get Someone's Ip Address Through Aim Or An Email Address???????

hi..i was wondering...is it possible to get someone's ip address who is using AIM or who has an email address??

ok..this is my situation..i decided to buy some stuff online...(not ebay)...and i sent this person some *****...however..he decided to SCAM me and not send anything...of course there are more details to this situation...but that's basically the main gist...

so...i wanted to call the cops and stuff..but the only thing i know about this person is his AIM SCREEN NAME and his EMAIL ADDRESS!!!

is it possible for me to get his IP address and locate this person?? and by locate i mean...find his home address..

I NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

edit:// i got him to reply my email...and i did the show heading in HOTMAIL.COM ...however on the heading..."X-Originating-IP" doesn't show...is there any other way??
    Last edited by F0cker Jr; 01-22-2006 at 07:59 PM.

view full headers, and compare them to any other mails youve received from them. Also check to see if they hold an AOL account, or are just using AIM.

Also check with the service you bought the products from, and the source with which the payment was sent.

You or the authorities should be able to use at least one of the above mentioned techniques to establish a trail.

good luck.
    [url]www.informationleak.com[/url]

Ip

I think the best thing to do would be to call the cops or contact his email provider because even if you get the ip, it will only show you the location of his isp, you said it was aol, so it will just say the ip is registered to aol, and give you the address of aol. Ip numbers usually cannot trace to exact location, only isp location unless they have bought an ip range. But you can most of the time get the country. In hotmail, some emails do not include the original ip, but set the show email headers setting to "advanced"

i DID set it on advanced,..however it doesn't show the ip..here is what it shows...

MIME-Version: *.0
    Received: from web*580*.mail.mud.********** ([66.*6*.*7*.*72]) by bay0-mc*-f2.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.*7*0.2**); Sat, 2* Jan 2006 20:45:*4 -0800
    Received: (qmail *8605 invoked by uid 6000*); 22 Jan 2006 04:45:** -0000
    Received: from [70.*85.**.88] by web*580*.mail.mud.********** via HTTP; Sat, 2* Jan 2006 20:45:** PST
    X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jEHjJx*6Oi8+Z*TmmkSEdPtfpLB7P/ybN8=
    DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha*; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s*024; d=**********; h=Message-ID:Receivedate:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=MaVRAMyGfYoztdQxzrzJT6YG*/tfny0uWXzK*8OhpzHAa7hreeGFvxGD/wMBinTvLJ4CYt6*5nnYqvo7dV6dHyxvNIzpnQwoQ5b/SVxNITW+bEgFiowUFVhRk*0GPjqRx+wm+tWF8u+Qh4ge0pEAXmq*qmT8wp8lu0e5nsmuwTA= ;
    Return-Path: [email]coinfactory*2*@**********[/email]
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: 22 Jan 2006 04:45:*4.0*6* (UTC) FILETIME=[A28B77*0:0*C6*F0E]

and also, my friend has called the cops, however they said it's gonna be impossible for them to find the person's house with just their email address and aim..i guess they're not responsible for using ip address and figuring out their address...

so i just wanted to expedite the process and find the address myself...

so can anyone help me out through the whole process??

THANK YOU..!!^_^

well from that info their ISP seems to be COX Communications. you can get info on contacting their ISP from here:
    [url]http://www.samspade.org/t/ipwhois?a=70.*85.**.88[/url]

I can tell you right off the bat the ISP wont give you information on their ********s without proper police procedure. What that procedure may be is up to the ISP, police and situation.

If you dont feel on relying on the police (lets face it, *0% of the time they are clueless in this area) then let me/us know HOW you sent the $ to the person, and we should be able to take it a step further.

hope that helps.
    [url]www.informationleak.com[/url]

i sent it to the person by PAYPAL...

however there is no info i can get from it...

i could tell u his email address and AIM SN if you would like..

and what's this link

[url]http://www.samspade.org/t/ipwhois?a=70.*85.**.88[/url]

you've provided me with??

since you paid with paypal, they (and you) have a receipt of the ***********. Paypal can be asked to provide the users information by the police dept. You can also contact paypal about the fraud as well...
    [url]https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact-general[/url]

the link I provided you with prior is the WHOIS info on the IP from the email headers you provided, detailing the ISP whom the police can also notify to get the fraudulent persons information and take it from there.

is there..any other way??

Region : Texas
    City : Pflugerville
    Longitude : -*7.6*27
    Time zone : -06:00
    Proxy : no

could you tell me how you got that??

and also can you tell me any website where i can find info about the person with

Region : Texas
    City : Pflugerville
    Longitude : -*7.6*27
    Time zone : -06:00
    Proxy : no

???

he got that info using [url]http://www.ip2location.com/[/url] or a similar service.

All it does is give a general location, based on the ISP the IP is assigned to and isnt *00% accurate but is close.

You want info on the person... you have everything you can get without taking my previous advice. You have their ISP. You have their IP. You have their paypal *********** *****ing information. You have their general geographical location.

You want a name? You're gonna have to contact either paypal or the ISP. Thats what it comes down to.

Other than that I guess you could put up flyers in Pflugerville Texas and the surrounding areas asking if anyone knows the person whos email is coinfactory*2*@yahoo and to contact you. lol

You got all the info you need. Now call the cops and go get your ***** back.

well, i really dont know his ip, isp, nor his name...

the only thing is have his email address(which he probably is not using anymore) and his aim SN....and getting his name by paypal..i dont think i can do that cuz when i just send ***** by paypal, they dont really show the receiver's info...

so i think im pretty much screwed...T_T

am i?

Ip

Quote Originally Posted by F0cker Jr
    well, i really dont know his ip, isp, nor his name...

the only thing is have his email address(which he probably is not using anymore) and his aim SN....and getting his name by paypal..i dont think i can do that cuz when i just send ***** by paypal, they dont really show the receiver's info...

so i think im pretty much screwed...T_T

am i?
    No, you could get his ip AND isp with just his email address. Just turn on full/advanced email headers, get him to email you somehow, then use ip2location or [url]http://www.ripe.net/[/url] (ripe will give you more information), then it will give you the location (of the isp probably) and will give you his isp, like we said before. Then contact the police, like we said before, and if he stole your *****, then the isp will be required to give his full name and location. If viewing headers is not working, then you could get his ip from various other ways, like sending a file on an IM program and using netstat -n to view active connections, or you could get him to visit a php page that will log ip numbers.

could you give me specific direction in getting his email address by IMing him?
    or any other various ways??

cuz i got him to reply to my email, but the heading doesn't include his IP...

Can you forward us the mail you got from him.

Also I got his location from here [url]www.geobytes.com[/url]

Let us see if we can help .

+ Reply to Thread