opennms
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help needed

help needed

hello everyone
    i need help urgently!
    i was browsing through some sites when i got a icon on my toolbar saying that my computer has become infected . i tried to reboot but the icon just won't go. also there is a new homepage opening up whenever i open my web browser i have tried to change my settings but it won't help.
    please help me my system has become slow and sometimes gets stuck.
    please help..
    ak0*

scan it

dear ur computer is infected by virus scan it ..

virus

Quote Originally Posted by AK0*
    hello everyone
    i need help urgently!
    i was browsing through some sites when i got a icon on my toolbar saying that my computer has become infected . i tried to reboot but the icon just won't go. also there is a new homepage opening up whenever i open my web browser i have tried to change my settings but it won't help.
    please help me my system has become slow and sometimes gets stuck.
    please help..
    ak0*
    I have to ask you, WHY WERE YOU NOT RUNNING ANTIVIRUS! You are a member of a forum about hacking, and you don't even run an AV, you really need to get one, even a free antivirus would protect you. Also, if you were using internet explorer, DON'T. Switch to firefox now, even if not for the fact it is *00 times more secure than IE, it is also a much better browser, it has a better UI, tabbed browsing, it is just so much better than IE. A full system scan should find the viruses, get an antivirus, adaware, spybot and a firewall as well. Also, you probably have a trojan installed, so you should change all account passwords like email that you have logged on to recently because you may have a keylogger running. If you want to disable what's starting up, run msconfig (start - run - msconfig) and have a look for anything that you don't trust, disable them from starting up.

sounds to me like you got yourself a browser hijack. Spybot search and destroy, adaware, and hijackthis should be able to find it. Remember to scan in safe mode, and also remember to make sure it hasnt embedded itself in your system volume restore.

.. and yeah, Firefox > IE in my opinion as well.

[url]www.informationleak.com[/url]

+ Reply to Thread