monit
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do i remove a keylogger?

How do i remove a keylogger?

Hey i put a keylogger on my pc to see if it works. And i am wondering how to get it off? Because for some reason i cant get it off

on a windows system there are a few ways...some more obvious than others.

*. add/remove programs in the control panel.
    2. manual removal in program file directory... or other directory its in.

you also may want to back up your system volume restore to a disk or cd or whatever and then dump it as often thats how stuff gets back on the system.

be aware that windows wont let you delete files that are in use.. that is they're running at the time of the attempted removal. If this is the case you have to stop them from running, and usually something like a keylogger is running at startup, so check for it in the following locations:

startup folder
    msconfig/startup
    registry

I usually do it in that order as it easiest to longest most time consuming. Nothings worse than making a 2 minute task turn into an hour.

anyways, I dont know what your level of understanding and/or comfort is with going about these tasks so Im going to take it for granted that you'll have no trouble with this... if you do however, Im more than willing to help.

[url]www.informationleak.com[/url]

fabioejp Guest

Exclamation Keyloggers

Quote Originally Posted by Halla
    on a windows system there are a few ways...some more obvious than others.

*. add/remove programs in the control panel.
    2. manual removal in program file directory... or other directory its in.

you also may want to back up your system volume restore to a disk or cd or whatever and then dump it as often thats how stuff gets back on the system.

be aware that windows wont let you delete files that are in use.. that is they're running at the time of the attempted removal. If this is the case you have to stop them from running, and usually something like a keylogger is running at startup, so check for it in the following locations:

startup folder
    msconfig/startup
    registry

I usually do it in that order as it easiest to longest most time consuming. Nothings worse than making a 2 minute task turn into an hour.

anyways, I dont know what your level of understanding and/or comfort is with going about these tasks so Im going to take it for granted that you'll have no trouble with this... if you do however, Im more than willing to help.

Depends if it's stealth or not. (WinXp tip)
    If it isn't then press [ctrl+alt+del] close all processes except
    explorer.exe
    svchost.exe
    services.exe
    lsass.exe
    winlogon.exe
    smss.exe
    csrss.exe

After that check were the program was been installed in the first place.
    If it was you who installed.

A good way i use for this is the usage of Process Explorer from Sysinternals
    [url]www.sysinternals.com[/url] try out because it more advanced then any other task manager available and it goes further were task manager fails.

fabioejp Guest

Exclamation Keyloggers

I have created a undetected keylogger, hidden from task manager. In this kind of keyloggers which we may call it the next generation uses rootkit extensions to hide from aplications these ones are more tough to remove.

regardless of the methods used to hide the application, it still has to run at startup and thats how you can often identify and neutralize said app, thats the point I was raising.

Another method I forgot to mention now that I think of it is to check for recently created files (txt, doc, etc) and monitor your outgoing traffic on the PC. If a keylogger cant execute, log or report back its like having a gun with no trigger.

fabioejp Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Halla
    regardless of the methods used to hide the application, it still has to run at startup and thats how you can often identify and neutralize said app, thats the point I was raising.

Another method I forgot to mention now that I think of it is to check for recently created files (txt, doc, etc) and monitor your outgoing traffic on the PC. If a keylogger cant execute, log or report back its like having a gun with no trigger.

I'm sorry to desapoint you but this keylogger uses a no detect method to autostart developed only for my line of products (keyloggers, trojans, etc)

oh? Do I win a prize if I can not only detect its startup location but disable it as well?

Care to eloborate on your 'no detect' method, or you just mentioning it off the top of your head for whatever reason?

Quote Originally Posted by fabioejp
    I'm sorry to desapoint you but this keylogger uses a no detect method to autostart developed only for my line of products (keyloggers, trojans, etc)
    Well show us your "line of products" and prove it, you can't just say that without backing it up with proof.

+ Reply to Thread