windows auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Internet Explorer 7 - U?

Internet Explorer 7 - U?

Microsoft is working on [url=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx]Internet Explorer 7[/url] which seems to be replicating some of Firefox's features. Here is the article from computerworld.com by Erik Larkin:

------------------------------------------------------
    Another preview version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, with tabbed browsing, an integrated search box, and RSS support -- all features long taken for granted by Firefox users -- is now available.
    The Beta 2 preview of Version 7 also sports a much more compact and streamlined interface than that of the current Internet Explorer, with a strong emphasis on dedicating as much of the window as possible to the displayed Web site.

The beta is functional for Windows XP machines running Service Pack 2. The preview release has various bugs and rough edges, including some display problems and program crashes.

In this edition of Internet Explorer, only two slim toolbars sit up top, with the navigation buttons back, forward, re*****, and home split up between them.

Tabs, new to Version 7, appear on the second toolbar. Although users can't move the tabs around, they do get a nice feature called "Quick Tabs:" Clicking a grid-like icon next to the tabs brings up a convenient thumbnail display of all currently open pages.

New security features include an anti-phishing filter that warns users if they happen across a known phishing site, better ActiveX management and programming changes that try to reduce the number of avenues for attack. Also offered is a one-click option to clear the personal browsing data, including the history, cookies, and the cache.

A more polished Beta 2 release is due out in the coming months, and the final Internet Explorer 7 release is planned for the second half of 2006.

So what browser are you using?
    I use IE, Firefox, Opera, & Netscape for web design. U?
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/services.php]Speed Up Windows XP[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/ip.php]Get An Ip Address[/url]
    [url=http://www.syntax******.info/tools/base_converter.php]Base Converter[/url]
    --------------------------------
    [URL=http://www.boninroad.com/syntax******/]Old Site[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.syntax******.info]Comming Soon[/URL]

Ie7

Quote Originally Posted by SyntaX******
    Microsoft is working on [url=http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx]Internet Explorer 7[/url] which seems to be replicating some of Firefox's features. Here is the article from computerworld.com by Erik Larkin:

Another preview version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer, with tabbed browsing, an integrated search box, and RSS support -- all features long taken for granted by Firefox users -- is now available.
    The Beta 2 preview of Version 7 also sports a much more compact and streamlined interface than that of the current Internet Explorer, with a strong emphasis on dedicating as much of the window as possible to the displayed Web site.

The beta is functional for Windows XP machines running Service Pack 2. The preview release has various bugs and rough edges, including some display problems and program crashes.

In this edition of Internet Explorer, only two slim toolbars sit up top, with the navigation buttons back, forward, re*****, and home split up between them.

Tabs, new to Version 7, appear on the second toolbar. Although users can't move the tabs around, they do get a nice feature called "Quick Tabs:" Clicking a grid-like icon next to the tabs brings up a convenient thumbnail display of all currently open pages.

New security features include an anti-phishing filter that warns users if they happen across a known phishing site, better ActiveX management and programming changes that try to reduce the number of avenues for attack. Also offered is a one-click option to clear the personal browsing data, including the history, cookies, and the cache.

A more polished Beta 2 release is due out in the coming months, and the final Internet Explorer 7 release is planned for the second half of 2006.

So what browser are you using?
    I use IE, Firefox, Opera, & Netscape for web design. U?
    However many "features" microsoft adds, they are always copied from better, more secure, more functional browsers like firefox, so I am probably not even going to test out IE7, firefox will always be better IMO. The fact is, nearly all internet users use internet explorer as a browser, so even if they made it secure, *0% of all exploits, trojans etc would design them around IE, and use it to infect the user, no one is going to target firefox users, there is not many of us and people using firefox usually know how to not get infected with trojans/viruses anyway.

fabioejp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    However many "features" microsoft adds, they are always copied from better, more secure, more functional browsers like firefox, so I am probably not even going to test out IE7, firefox will always be better IMO. The fact is, nearly all internet users use internet explorer as a browser, so even if they made it secure, *0% of all exploits, trojans etc would design them around IE, and use it to infect the user, no one is going to target firefox users, there is not many of us and people using firefox usually know how to not get infected with trojans/viruses anyway.
    Correction :: Malware goes to the mass

You may consider firefox as a safe browser for now but not in the future.
    It's true that most of the internet surfers uses internet explorer and i go further telling that in my website i got visitor using internet explorer * which make me think about security. Firefox doesn't have the power as internet explorer as, or better this power is showned with extra plugins.

A last line on this brain storm is that sunday 26/02/06 it came to public a hotmail exploit that only effect firefox so beware when viewing your email.

-

they should had worked more on the IE-7 because as Syntax said it rough. but they should work more on it because i dont think they know all the bugs in the explorer. ITS MY OPINION NOT A FACT!. but they defeunitly need to smooth it out
    WAFFLES?!?!? OMFG WHERE?!!?

+ Reply to Thread