ganglia
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 question on 2 differnet programs

2 question on 2 differnet programs

hey all i have a couple of questions.. i hope someone can help me on them..
    *) my bo2k server file works fine when home pc (Server on dsl) and laptop (client dail up), i setup my listening port i get incomming connections and all works great, i can switch it put server on laptop dailup and cleint on home pc dsl and type my binding string in reverser get incoming connection and works perfect.. but i can send my server file to my friend next door who has dsl no router i go over and run it i check the task manarger i see the umgr*2.exe to know it is running and i dont get anything when i type the binding string in... what could be the problem? i have tried the bo2k forums but didnt get the answer i ways looking for, still something wrong...
    thanks
    2) since i couldnt get the bo2k server file how i was wanting it work, i decided to go with the pro rat *.*se but sill having probs with it also.. i set everything up and in the proconnective box i put the ip "dev***.no-ip.info" dns address i created when i hit test it says "failed to send message" but i ran the server file anyway on my laptop with dail up connection but still got nothing i can type the ip in manually and it works but the reverser doesnt, both pc that i want this on have dsl connections so i no i will have to have a reverser on both programs but bo2k works well with what i am wanting to do but i can not get it to work with 2 dsl connections... any help would be great
    thanks

come on guys someone has to know something i can check
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread