zabbix
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacking *certain* invisionfree ***rds

Hacking *certain* invisionfree ***rds

I've heard they are really secure, but after i heard of a few peoples ***rds getting "Hacked"

I've decided i want hack someone i hate

Any ways i can do this?

google, n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Core
    I've heard they are really secure, but after i heard of a few peoples ***rds getting "Hacked"

I've decided i want hack someone i hate

Any ways i can do this?
    Yes, you can go to a *certain* site called google. [url]http://www.google.com[/url]. Or, you could actually search the forum before posting. [url]http://www.all-nettools.com/forum/search.php[/url]. If you are talking about hacking the invisionfree forum hosting service, then no, unless you get root access to their server or something, then you can't. If you are talking about hacking invision power ***rd software, then there are always going to be people running old, unpatched versions. Search on any exploit site like [url]www.securiteam.com[/url] or [url]www.milw0rm.com[/url] and you will find some exploits for IPB, * on securiteam.

spam

Quote Originally Posted by Coolalex
    Probably possible but hard. use the right tools though or if you are a good hacker you could do it. I have used hirehackers.net a couple times and they have never failed!! once it was a phpbb im sure thats pretty close to invision...is invision php?
    Ok, that's it Coolalex you spammer, I was giving you a chance to prove yourself after the first spam, but all you have proved is you need to be banned. I am PMing syntax****** now.

Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    Yes, you can go to a *certain* site called google. [url]http://www.google.com[/url]. Or, you could actually search the forum before posting. [url]http://www.all-nettools.com/forum/search.php[/url]. If you are talking about hacking the invisionfree forum hosting service, then no, unless you get root access to their server or something, then you can't. If you are talking about hacking invision power ***rd software, then there are always going to be people running old, unpatched versions. Search on any exploit site like [url]www.securiteam.com[/url] or [url]www.milw0rm.com[/url] and you will find some exploits for IPB, * on securiteam.
    Uhm, maybe i tried that and couldnt find anything? no need to be "R-O-O-D-E"

Anyhow im trying to hack a users ***rd like s*2.invisionfree.com/whatevertheusernamedthere***rdhere

_

Uhm, maybe i tried that and couldnt find anything? no need to be "R-O-O-D-E"

Anyhow im trying to hack a users ***rd like s*2.invisionfree.com/whatevertheusernamedthere***rdhere

How do you expect to hack a site like invisionfree. If you read anything else on this forum you would know that sites like that are secure. The only thing that you could use to get the password is a keylogger/other malware, google for it.

Search what? I've already tried google and them sites you gave me.

And Stop trying to insult me, its insulting(duh)

google

Search what? I've already tried google and them sites you gave me.
    Didn't you read my post? Here is part of it again:

The only thing that you could use to get the password is a keylogger/other malware
    The sites I gave you were for exploits, which I said will not work on sites like invisionfree where they patch regulaly and run the latest software, and generally are *******. A google for "keylogger" brings back 7,580,000 results. You obviously are not looking hard enough.

Keylogging and trojaning people is not hacking. Besides, that's not the only way to "hack" invisionfree ***rds. Ever heard of SQL injections?

Quote Originally Posted by hackerz
    Keylogging and trojaning people is not hacking. Besides, that's not the only way to "hack" invisionfree ***rds. Ever heard of SQL injections?
    Yes, but a website like invisionfree will be running the latest, patched IPB version. It is a lot different to trying to hack a small website that doesn't patch regularly, invisionfree will likely have NO exploits available, unlike a site that doesn't patch which will have many exploits that have since been fixed. So no, you can't hack an invisionfree ***rd, because they will run the latest version and keep things very secure. A forum such as the one we are posting on now will have many exploits, a place that is required to provide ***rds as a service to people is going to be a lot more secure. So my statement still stands, you have to use a keylogger or other malware to get the password to an invisionfree ***rd, unless you hit them with an exploit the day it becomes public. And sql injection is not the only way of hacking forums, there are many other forms of exploiting, including xss, etc. But sql injection is the best direct method to get the password.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 04-17-2006 at 05:15 PM.

You are right, they do patch regularly, except that there are currently a couple of exploits that still work and have been working for a couple weeks, one of them being an SQL injection that changes the root admins password to "*2*456." The others consist of exploiting either the member name/admin notes/topic description/forum description/password/e-mail address/calendar using a script that allows you to embed javascript into any of those fields which would be executed on the other members browsers when viewed.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    those were real good urls
    thanx

thats a nice response Mr hacker but, cant a person try to understand the working of InvisionFree, scripts and forms using a web browser like firefox which provides "VIEW PAGE INFO" ?? i guess that provides fastest details about fields u are going to work with thereby, making it possible to use optimal attack method

Well, personally I use FireFox, but other browsers like Internet Explorer also allow you to view page source. But viewing the page source does not provide any help with hacking and finding exploit methods unless you understand html and javascript etc.. Even if you do understand those languages, usually viewing the page source does not help at all. For example, here is the source to the admin notes section, one of the exploitable parts of invisionfree.

"div class='maintitle'>Admin Notepad</div>

<table width='*00%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='5' align='center' border='0'><tr>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class='tdrow*' width='*00%' valign='middle'><center><textarea rows='5' name='notes' wrap='soft' style='width:80%'>

Text Here

</textarea></center></td>"

Looking at that, can you find any exploits? Probably not. So it takes more than view source to find exploits.

Quote Originally Posted by hackerz
    Well, personally I use FireFox, but other browsers like Internet Explorer also allow you to view page source. But viewing the page source does not provide any help with hacking and finding exploit methods unless you understand html and javascript etc..
    well, firefox provides to different functions,
    View Page Source
    View Page Info

Page info provides details about all form input including those which are hidden along with post method, location, ..

Closed Thread