network monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help asap

need help asap

i was hacked by the Federal Emergency Management Infromation System At about * O' Clock this morning I notice my cable modem is flashing like I'm doing a major d/l and I'm not d/l'ing shit. So I pull up Mcafee's firewall events log and see Federal Emergency Management Infromation System so i do a trace and every IP is different so I thinks its a hack attack or a DNS attack. So I type Federal Emergency Management Infromation System into Google and as soon as I hit enter.........................................It stops...............
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by none22
    i was hacked by the Federal Emergency Management Infromation System At about * O' Clock this morning I notice my cable modem is flashing like I'm doing a major d/l and I'm not d/l'ing shit. So I pull up Mcafee's firewall events log and see Federal Emergency Management Infromation System so i do a trace and every IP is different so I thinks its a hack attack or a DNS attack. So I type Federal Emergency Management Infromation System into Google and as soon as I hit enter.........................................It stops...............
    -------
    Normally I would say it is a standard DoS attack, by someone who somehow has your IP address. But I doubt it is where you say it is from (FEMIS), read this:

The Federal Emergency Management Information System (FEMIS&#*6* is an integrated system that provides planning, coordination, response, and exercise support for emergency management personnel. It is an automated decision support system that integrates all phases of emergency management.

FEMIS is unique because it is planning based. Plans created under non-emergency conditions may be retrieved and executed during an actual response. FEMIS makes it possible for emergency management personnel to anticipate and plan for a wide variety of event conditions. FEMIS also enables the integration and use of real-time data from outside sources, such as meteorological monitors. The information is displayed in a manner that supports the needs of the user--geographical, tabular, or both. FEMIS simplifies coordination and provides the following to the user:
    So, it can't have been a denial of service attack, unless a computer is infected with an irc bot from within their own network. There are many attacks that can use things such as dns servers to concentrate responses to a spoofed IP, amplifying the attack by getting hundreds of servers to all reply to one IP address, but I don't know why they would all come from this one place, it doesn't make sense. You could post all the IP numbers here, so other people can try to understand what happened. You have got to think, why would someone try to deny you of service? Even the lamest of script kiddies do not attack random people, think about who you have spoken to (on irc, etc), who would have your IP, and who would have reason to attack you.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

use firewall. deny IP(s). have drink. take nap.
    send ISP firewall logs.

rtwhite89 Guest
    You may want to try unhooking your modem for a while as well.

+ Reply to Thread