file access auditing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visual Basic 6.0

Visual Basic 6.0

Okay, well I'm abit new to these forums. I usually only join them to read posts, and learn. Anyway, I've been trying to learn VB6, but most of the tutorials I've found have been iffy at best. I've read many different tutorials for this, and none seem to help me, I'm more of a "hands-on" kinda person. If there is anyone here who can help, like teach me, I'd be very greatful, I'm sure it's a bother, so if you can't, maybe point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo<*Rissa
    Okay, well I'm abit new to these forums. I usually only join them to read posts, and learn. Anyway, I've been trying to learn VB6, but most of the tutorials I've found have been iffy at best. I've read many different tutorials for this, and none seem to help me, I'm more of a "hands-on" kinda person. If there is anyone here who can help, like teach me, I'd be very greatful, I'm sure it's a bother, so if you can't, maybe point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I would *really* recommend learning a programming language such as C++ (or C) instead of VB, it will give you a far better understanding of computers, and is syntactically very similar to languages like javascript and php, so your knowledge can make learning new languages take half the time it would usually take. For me, I first learned c++, then took something like a week of learning php to be at the stage of making some complex php scripts, because they are both very similar. As I never wanted to learn VB, I can't help you with it, but there are many online resources available for you to learn from:

[url]www.vbtutor.net/vbtutor.html[/url]
    [url]www.imt.net/~joe/matt/program/vb/Tutorials/[/url]
    [url]www.programmingtutorials.com/vb6.aspx[/url]
    [url]www.hitmill.com/programming/vb/primer.html[/url]

And of course, MSDN:

[url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/[/url]

In my opinion, VB is a very pointless language to learn. It is MS dependant, and is designed to *not* teach you anything about computers; but to hide it all behind a GUI. Also, if you ever wanted to program for linux VB becomes useless.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

Yeah, my cousin told me that. I have the C# and C++ bibles. >_< But abit hard to understand, but thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.

Yeah, my cousin told me that. I have the C# and C++ bibles. >_< But abit hard to understand, but thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.
    Lol, c# is another programming language created by microsoft, so you should learn c++. A good c++ tutorial can be found here:

[URL="http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/htm/ch0*.htm"]http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/htm/ch0*.htm[/URL]

Okay, I've been working with learning C++ for the past three hours, and I have to say, its not as complicated as I thought before. =\ Anyway, I was working with it, and my compiler came across two errors, and I've tried everything I can think of, and I don't see how I'm missing ';' in those places.

#include <iostream.h>
    int main()
    {
    int x = 5;
    int y = 7;
    cout "\n";
    cout << x + y << "" << x * y;
    cout "\n";
    return 0;
    }

--------------------Configuration: exercise* - Win*2 Debug--------------------
    Compiling...
    exercise*.cpp
    c:\documents and settings\elmo\desktop\c++ files\exercise*.cpp(6) : error C2*4*: syntax error : missing ';' before 'string'
    c:\documents and settings\elmo\desktop\c++ files\exercise*.cpp(8) : error C2*4*: syntax error : missing ';' before 'string'
    Error executing cl.exe.

exercise*.obj - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any words of advice?

Okay, I've been working with learning C++ for the past three hours, and I have to say, its not as complicated as I thought before. =\ Anyway, I was working with it, and my compiler came across two errors, and I've tried everything I can think of, and I don't see how I'm missing ';' in those places.

#include <iostream.h>
    int main()
    {
    int x = 5;
    int y = 7;
    cout "\n";
    cout << x + y << "" << x * y;
    cout "\n";
    return 0;
    }

--------------------Configuration: exercise* - Win*2 Debug--------------------
    Compiling...
    exercise*.cpp
    c:\documents and settings\elmo\desktop\c++ files\exercise*.cpp(6) : error C2*4*: syntax error : missing ';' before 'string'
    c:\documents and settings\elmo\desktop\c++ files\exercise*.cpp(8) : error C2*4*: syntax error : missing ';' before 'string'
    Error executing cl.exe.

exercise*.obj - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any words of advice?
    Yes, on the line containing:

[PHP]cout "\n";[/PHP]

You forgot to add the << between cout and the "\n" newline string. You did this two lines down as well. So change it to:

[PHP]cout << "\n";[/PHP]

Also, on this line:

[PHP]cout << x + y << "" << x * y;[/PHP]

You have an empty string in there (""), it doesn't affect the program, but could be removed. If you wanted it to make a space, then change it to " ". Btw, none of those boxes contain php code, it's just that's the only syntax highlighting quote box vbulletin has.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 05-09-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Okay, thanks alot dude. <*

+ Reply to Thread