hyperic
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: need php mass mailing script

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2

    Question need php mass mailing script

    yo dose anyone have a php mass mailer script if u do i can be reached at slider_ufo(at) yahoo.co.uk thanks at lot man

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by slider
    yo dose anyone have a php mass mailer script if u do i can be reached at slider_ufo(at) yahoo.co.uk thanks at lot man
    On most normal php hosting accounts, the mail function is disabled until you pay a small fee (to prevent fake details being used in the account, and prevent spam), so I doubt that you would even be able to use a php mailing script; even if you could, there are strict rules regarding spam, and you would get your account closed very quickly if you decided to use their servers for spam. On my hosting account, it was a simple $0.** fee by paypal. But if you really wanted to spam, there are much more efficient ways to do it than through php scripts.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7

    Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    On most normal php hosting accounts, the mail function is disabled until you pay a small fee (to prevent fake details being used in the account, and prevent spam), so I doubt that you would even be able to use a php mailing script; even if you could, there are strict rules regarding spam, and you would get your account closed very quickly if you decided to use their servers for spam. On my hosting account, it was a simple $0.** fee by paypal. But if you really wanted to spam, there are much more efficient ways to do it than through php scripts.
    Can you give some clues?
    I got a newsletter (*20 users) and i sen via webmail which takes me forever to submit it, if you could help me i will be extremely grateful.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by E_R
    Can you give some clues?
    I got a newsletter (*20 users) and i sen via webmail which takes me forever to submit it, if you could help me i will be extremely grateful.
    You need to send mail by SMTP instead of webmail. Either use an email client (like Mozilla Thunderbird), use mass mailing program, or write your own. If you use hotmail, then there is NO smtp access for normal accounts, so you can't 'legitimately' mass send emails from hotmail unless you spoof the headers. Of course, spammers never send spam from within an account, so spoofing headers is not a problem for them.

    In other words, spammers can send emails from any server and without an account (because they don't usually need a reply), but for normal users, you need to find yourself an email account that has SMTP and imap/pop enabled, so you can use a software email client to send and receive emails without using the webmail interface.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2

    what r the other ways

    yo pls tell me the other ways to spam if you know any thanks man

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by slider
    yo pls tell me the other ways to spam if you know any thanks man
    Dude, I never said I encourage spam. I get over 5 poorly written 4** scams each day, so you can probably understand my feelings toward spam at the moment. If you want information on spam, then google for topics similar to these:

    SMTP protocol
    mail bomber
    email spoofing
    anonymous emailer
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by mike*0*
    You need to send mail by SMTP instead of webmail. Either use an email client (like Mozilla Thunderbird), use mass mailing program, or write your own. If you use hotmail, then there is NO smtp access for normal accounts, so you can't 'legitimately' mass send emails from hotmail unless you spoof the headers. Of course, spammers never send spam from within an account, so spoofing headers is not a problem for them.

    In other words, spammers can send emails from any server and without an account (because they don't usually need a reply), but for normal users, you need to find yourself an email account that has SMTP and imap/pop enabled, so you can use a software email client to send and receive emails without using the webmail interface.
    Thanks, i downloaded the Portable Mozilla Thunderbird it fits in a pen and created an account with gmail it allows only 500 emails to be send 'legitimately' as you said but i only need *20 for now.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. InboX Mass Php Mailer 2007
    By bukuro5hi in forum Programming
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 03:48 PM
  2. Mass Mailing Portal?
    By Unregistered in forum Internet Privacy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 04:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts