monitoring
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HOSTING (sry if wrong area)

Post HOSTING (sry if wrong area)

hello,

i am a fake login user. i need a host that has .swf and .php files enabled (i think this is all that is required.). i was using ripway.com to host these files but they have discovered why some people are using their servers, fake logins. does anyone know of a free web host that is similar to ripway.com? i have searched google many times with no luck.

thank you for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by TR86
    hello,

i am a fake login user. i need a host that has .swf and .php files enabled (i think this is all that is required.). i was using ripway.com to host these files but they have discovered why some people are using their servers, fake logins. does anyone know of a free web host that is similar to ripway.com? i have searched google many times with no luck.

thank you for any help.
    I use [url]www.byethost.com[/url]. Please be aware that with almost ALL free php hosts, you have to pay a small fee (usually $0.**) to enable the mail function, and a further fee (around $*0) to remove ads for a year. This *********** of this fee will give them all the information they need to locate you, should you abuse their service with spam/phishing. If your fake page has ads on it, and can't even send emails with the details, it will be very unlikely that you can do this successfully. The only other option would be logging the passwords to a text file, but the advertisements are still a problem.

So, I s***est you stop wasting your time with fake pages, and actually create a real website that people will appreciate. Phishing with pages and scripts you didn't create is a lame way to steal passwords, not to mention something that will get your website shut down as soon as even one person reports you. You should use your skills in something more useful, unless you have an urgent reason to be using fake pages.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 05-31-2006 at 03:54 AM.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

well actually theres alot of free hosts that have php enabled and have no fee's at all, i mean totally free, BUT it requires youre adress and some more bullshit. By the way there is a way to get ****ed down even if u give away a fake adress right mike.

P.S. plz mike try not to be too sarcastic on the answer just chill. so dont just say 'ohh the swat will be on youre front house steps with GUNSSS man just waiting for you once they find out you gaved a fake adress!!!***!!!omg for reals I SWEAR!'. You know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by K-oz U.K.
    well actually theres alot of free hosts that have php enabled and have no fee's at all, i mean totally free, BUT it requires youre adress and some more bullshit. By the way there is a way to get ****ed down even if u give away a fake adress right mike.

P.S. plz mike try not to be too sarcastic on the answer just chill. so dont just say 'ohh the swat will be on youre front house steps with GUNSSS man just waiting for you once they find out you gaved a fake adress!!!***!!!omg for reals I SWEAR!'. You know what i mean
    When dealing with computers, there is always going to be more ways for people to ***** you down, than by simply looking at the address you give them. An IP number leads to your ISP, and your ISP can be forced to give details of which account (account = name, address, phone number) was using which IP number at a specific time, IF the necessary authorities ask them to.

And I never said that you have to pay ***** for all PHP hosting, I said that if you want to use the PHP mail function on your account, you have to pay a small non-profit fee to prevent spam. Similarly, you have to pay ***** to remove ads from your pages, but the base package is free on most hosts.

all the bull aside, heres an ad-free host that allows 200M space and *00G BW a month and allows php.. netfast.org.

enjoy... and dont totally violate the TOS please. If you get them shut down, you're screwing alot of happy users... myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla
    all the bull aside, heres an ad-free host that allows 200M space and *00G BW a month and allows php.. netfast.org.

enjoy... and dont totally violate the TOS please. If you get them shut down, you're screwing alot of happy users... myself included.
    Halla - do you know if netfast allow the php mail function on the free hosting accounts? My host made me pay some fees for certain 'features', so it looks like I got a crap deal. They allow 250mb web space, 20gb bandwidth, and 2 SQL databases on my free hosting plan, but they shove a load of google ads in the face of anyone who wants to view the pages; I refuse to pay ***** to remove ads. But from what I got told when I emailed my host - payment is necessary to secure the identity of any people who could potentially send spam using php.

Depending on what youre paying you may be getting raped. If its more than $5 a month, you're getting severely pwned. I have a good thing going with a particular company so let me know, I wouldnt mind referring some ppl and getting some sort of benefit for doing so, as well as potentially hooking you up. Let me know. (as to not waste time I'll get you know I got *5G space and 250G monthly BW for under $6.. php, mysql, smtp pop*, ssl, cgi, you name it)

back to netfast:
    I know it allows incoming (POP*).
    I figure its free and takes all of *0 seconds to set up an account (right off the form) so Id say rather than even contacting them just sign up and give it a try.
    I would also s***est using a "throwaway" email addy as well. thank god for gmail invites, eh?
    Last edited by Halla; 06-16-2006 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla
    Depending on what youre paying you may be getting raped. If its more than $5 a month, you're getting severely pwned. I have a good thing going with a particular company so let me know, I wouldnt mind referring some ppl and getting some sort of benefit for doing so, as well as potentially hooking you up. Let me know. (as to not waste time I'll get you know I got *5G space and 250G monthly BW for under $6.. php, mysql, smtp pop*, ssl, cgi, you name it)

back to netfast:
    I know it allows incoming (POP*).
    I figure its free and takes all of *0 seconds to set up an account (right off the form) so Id say rather than even contacting them just sign up and give it a try.
    I would also s***est using a "throwaway" email addy as well. thank god for gmail invites, eh?
    Well at the moment, I am paying no ***** to my host. I signed up to their free hosting plan, and paid a $0.** fee to enable my php scripts to send mail. BUT, if I want to remove the ads, it is a $*5 one-time fee, and after that things get real expensive. To upgrade the account in any way, you have to start paying monthly fees that start around $20 for even only adding something like *50mb more space. The reason I don't pay is that any websites I made recently have only been small side projects that I never really completed, and were mostly places for me to put any random crap I need to share. In other words, as things are currently, paying for more bandwidth than the basic package would probably be a waste of *****. So i'm not getting pwned by them if I stay with the most basic deal and refuse to remove the ads - but that doesn't mean that i'm getting a good deal. They throw the ads in EVERY single html document, making some pages un-usable, like when I hosted a phpbb forum and went to the admin management page, the side frame had ads in it which pushed the actual content out of the screen.

So at the moment, I don't think I should pay any monthly fees for hosting (I just don't get enough traffic to need more space/bandwidth), but if you want to, you can post or refer us to the host you use, and I will definitely consider it whenever I do need more space and bandwidth for my hosting, which will probably be soon. But seriously, *5GB space and 250GB bandwidth!? How can they possibly offer that for only $6 a month? That sure sounds a good deal.

And for the moment, thanks for the netfast link - I will probably be using them.

sorry I took so long to get back to you...
    I needed to get the right ID so you would get a deal on the hosting and I would too since Im referring you.

That being the case, Im sorry about this weird url I have to post... I just hope it'll pick up as a referral!

Here you go:

[url]http://********.startlogic.com/***********.php?APID=*&affID=00000000000000005484[/url]

*5GB space and 250GB bandwidth for $6 mo. Whats nice is that its like $5 mo. if you do 2 years and Ive been using these guys for a long time... I have serveral accounts with them and not to sound like a salesman (lol) but their uptime is great, the ******** service is great and Ive been happy with them overall.

oh and I realized that netfast DOES have an ad (single ad, top.) I didnt notice initially as I was using it for audio/video file hosting but once I popped a htm or php page into it there it was.

Anyways I hope you enjoy.

hi,
    try [URL="http://www.tucktail.com/"]http://www.tucktail.com/[/URL] , which gives free hosting

HOSTING sry if wrong area

hey ppl.

I want to set up a mail server for multiple users, Itll be for commercial type use so i cant host it at work.

basically I want a cheap hosting area that will allow me to set up a mail server

any ideas?
    [url=http://bulletproof-web.com/]BulletProof Servers[/url] for [url=http://xrumer-palladium.blogspot.com/]XRumer[/url]

+ Reply to Thread