cacti
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Create a link that asks you to open a file when clicked

Create a link that asks you to open a file when clicked

I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how to create a link that when you click it asks you if you want to save or open the file. Most sites that I upload files on, when it gives you a link you have to wait like *0 seconds before you download the file. I just want a link that when someone clicks it immediatly asks you if you want to save or open the file.

any* know any sites that allow you to create such thing? or any other ideas on how to do it?
    ~All I wanna do is piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecrow
    I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how to create a link that when you click it asks you if you want to save or open the file. Most sites that I upload files on, when it gives you a link you have to wait like *0 seconds before you download the file. I just want a link that when someone clicks it immediatly asks you if you want to save or open the file.

any* know any sites that allow you to create such thing? or any other ideas on how to do it?
    I'm guessing you uploaded to sites like megaupload.com and rapidshare.de? Sites like that make you wait before downloading so you can be shown their ads (and earn them ***** to pay for the hosting), and there is not much you can do about that. Sites that offer '* click hosting' are always going to have a waiting period before downloads, so you need to get yourself some real web hosting space - there are many websites offering free hosting.
    Who needs drugs when you have electrons?

If you were to get a free hosting service, like netfast.org or even something like oddworldz or angelfire you can upload the files you want and simply link to the file directly... for example:

[url]http://www.informationleak.net/pr0g/HE2.0*.zip[/url]

and there you have it.

(be aware some of these hosts I mentioned may have restrictions on file size and bandwidth, and others may not work from a link and youd have to paste the location directly into the browser so look around for one that suits you)

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Halla; 06-16-2006 at 03:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread