munin
Closed Thread

Thread: What encoding is this?

What encoding is this?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what encoding scheme this is using...

UserData=02u*hs*yoaLQsFTjBpdnYzNXc*NTa*NHFwNzZUcU+LSi4sTU*JNbEBAENDZyMTYzdjFyc*Q2MADUgw

..it's coming from a http header, I thought it might be base64 but it's not, and now I'm stumped. Any help in decoding it would be greatly appreciated.

It looks like some sort of private encryption used by the site.

78 characters total. I googled, and it might be ROT**, whatever that is.

Possible there are two encrypted strings; separated by the + since that's the only non-alphabetical character there. The first string has 40 chars, so maybe SHA*, but the other *7, so I have no idea.

Encoding allows the perceived item of use or interest to be converted into a construct that can be stored within the brain[citation needed] and recalled later from short term or long term memory. Working memory stores information for immediate use or manipulation which is aided through hooking onto previously archived items already present in the long-term memory of an individual.

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandslim View Post
    Encoding allows the perceived item of use or interest to be converted into a construct that can be stored within the brain[citation needed] and recalled later from short term or long term memory. Working memory stores information for immediate use or manipulation which is aided through hooking onto previously archived items already present in the long-term memory of an individual.
    Why not just link them to the whole article?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encoding_%28memory%2*

Closed Thread