Hey all,

I hope someone can help with this. I have Cain set up on my testing network and I am trying to do the most basic things (user enumeration etc). I know the passwords on the workstations because I made them, but I am str***ling to get a connection.

On the network part of Cain, I right click on a workstation and click connect as... and use the correct credentials that I know work. However this does not give access to any of the shares or user enumeration. Furthermore, Cain allows me to connect with bogus usernames that don't exist, which gives me the impression that I'm not really connecting at all.

Perhaps my LAN is just not set up right or could it be something else?

Also when testing the APR and sniffer, it causes the targetted workstation to hang on the connection for HTTPS. I know that Cain should be sending out a fake certificate to the workstation, but it just sits there.

If anyone knows of a Cain support forum that I could access that would be great, I have been looking all over and have looked through all the Cain threads on this forum already but nothing in there has helped yet.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.