file access
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Internet auction site problem

Internet auction site problem

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with an internet auction site. Specifically, I bid on an item which is now known to be defective. The problem is that I appear to be in some sort of legal contract to purchase it. The auction ends in 7 days. I would like to create a fictitious account and place a higher bid so that I will be relieved of the burden. How do I do this so that my computer, identity, etc. will be untraceable? Any comments appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by relic
    Hi everyone,

I have a problem with an internet auction site. Specifically, I bid on an item which is now known to be defective. The problem is that I appear to be in some sort of legal contract to purchase it. The auction ends in 7 days. I would like to create a fictitious account and place a higher bid so that I will be relieved of the burden. How do I do this so that my computer, identity, etc. will be untraceable? Any comments appreciated.
    You can't. It would become ridiculous if people were able to place bids with fake details - fraud would become common, and people would just bid up on their own auctions to raise the profits.

You should contact the seller directly and ask for the auction to be closed OR for both of you to just forget about sending ***** and the item.

Seller claims I should have been aware of the problem before bidding.
    What if I were to use an anonymous proxy server with a false ip address and create a new account, etc.
    If that wouldn't work, I could just use a random public computer or something to that effect?

Quote Originally Posted by relic
    Seller claims I should have been aware of the problem before bidding.
    What if I were to use an anonymous proxy server with a false ip address and create a new account, etc.
    If that wouldn't work, I could just use a random public computer or something to that effect?
    Proxies mean nothing. Auction sites like Ebay require valid ****** card and personal details to be entered in order to create an account. Any new account you make would still lead back to you, unless you did it with stolen ****** card details. And that would be fraud.

+ Reply to Thread