cactus
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hide my IP

Hide my IP

Hey if i hide my IP with a proxy like hidemyass or Hide IP 2.* can i still get traced down doing illegal stuff? Just wondering

Oh dang is there away i cant? Get traced down?

Quote Originally Posted by Bighomedog**
    Oh dang is there away i cant? Get traced down?
    Web based proxy services like hidemyass are just not good enough when you are doing anything illegal; they were never designed for that purpose. They will happily submit their logs to the authorities, and criminals would just laugh at someone who thinks they offer sufficient anonymity other than to avoid school/office filtering systems, etc. In other words, web based anonymizers are about as useful as a foam hammer. I'll tell you my idea of anonymity, then you can judge what you think you need after that.

I would never do anything illegal, dangerous, or questionable from my home internet connection, period. In my opinion, there is always going to be was to ***** you down. No matter how long the chain is, there is always going to be some obscure evidence, things you never thought would lead back to you, that land you in deep shit. It's never possible to cover all the bases, so doing illegal things from your home connection is like walking up to the police station in a big clown suit screaming "i'm a hacker".

If I were to do something criminal, I would take a laptop, change it's MAC address, connect to a public access point (more people connected == impossible to target hacker when looking at logs or cctv videos), then do whatever I needed to while also connecting through an additional proxy. Maybe i'm paranoid, but that's what I call anonymity.

But if you really want to do things on your home connection, use a proxy, and also leave your wifi wide open with no encryption, so if the police come, you can blame it on "those guys outside on their laptop".

Also, people seem to think that by using a neighbor's wifi connection you are totally safe from getting caught. This is BS; when the police come to investigate, one of the first places they will look is the surrounding houses.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 07-12-2006 at 12:02 PM.

You can try this
    [url=http://www.privacyconnector.com]http://www.privacyconnector.com[/url]
    It uses VPN solution.
    It encrypts all your outgoing traffic and make you surf Internet anonymously. But their speed is not fast...

Try Ghostsurf.

email me voor details so i can sent you te program with crack

[email]ronnie@alphafrau.de[/email]
    Last edited by Nobody; 02-09-2007 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven V.S. Cat
    You can try this
    [url=http://www.privacyconnector.com]http://www.privacyconnector.com[/url]
    It uses VPN solution.
    It encrypts all your outgoing traffic and make you surf Internet anonymously. But their speed is not fast...
    Dont trust this server !!!!!!!!!!!!!, they say that you can surf anonymously but everything would be logt

+ Reply to Thread